Poll links in the newsletters are broken.

Options
G6JPG
G6JPG Posts: 147 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 18 September 2015 at 5:09PM in MoneySaving polls
The links to the polls in the newsletters are usually broken, in that they don't link to the poll in general.
\\
For example: I'm reading the newsletter that includes the words "[FONT=&quot]This week's poll: Where have you shopped so far in 2015?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A simple question. Which of our list of 50 major retailers have you bought from in 2015? We want to find out which attract the most custom.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please vote for all those you've purchased from, whether in-store or online.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Aldi | Amazon | Apple | Argos | Asda | ASOS | B&Q | Boots | Burton
Carphone Warehouse
| Clarks | Co-op | Currys/PC World | Debenhams | Game
Gap | H&M | HMV | Holland & Barrett | Homebase | House of Fraser | Ikea
John Lewis | Lidl | M&S | Matalan | Monsoon | Morrisons | Mothercare
New Look | Next | Ocado | Poundland | Poundworld | Primark
River Island | Robert Dyas | Sainsbury's | Sports Direct | Tesco | TK Maxx
Topshop/Topman | Toys R Us | Very.co.uk | Waitrose | Waterstones
WHSmith | Wickes | Wilko | Zara"
\\
As you can see, each retailer's name is a link. I clicked one (Lidl), and was taken to a page full of results - from which it was also clear that some people were offered the choice of "At least once" and "Regularly".
\\
There was no way I could "[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]vote for all those you've purchased from[/FONT]", let alone say whether once or regularly; the word "Poll" wasn't a link (the above text is cut and pasted from the newsletter), and as soon as I clicked on one of them, it was taken as my only choice.
\\
It isn't just this poll; most of the polls linked from the newsletter are broken in this way. And it isn't that I use some obscure email software: I'm writing this from work (though after I've clocked off), and the company uses Outlook.
\\
Oh, a P. S.: somehow, I did manage to get to a page (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320758&_ga=1.104162628.552644468.1433352926) containing the text "[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please vote for all those you’ve purchased from, whether in-store or online.

Click here to vote in the poll". So I did (click there that is). And was taken to ... "[/FONT]
Do you agree with the 5p charge for carrier bags?[FONT=&quot]"
[/FONT]

Comments

• Former_MSE_Sam_M
    Options
    Thanks for your comments G6JPG.

Each poll is only live for approximately one week and therefore can only be voted in while live.

For this reason, any link to a poll that is not the live poll (the currently running live poll can be found on the homepage) will automatically revert to its results page and there is no way to continue to vote in it.

This is probably happening because you're clicking from an old emailed newsletter or an archived newsletter onsite.

On a similar note, the 'Click here to vote in the poll' link will always take you to the current live poll.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure