PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

recommend a deep fryer?

Options
Hello OS-ers

I'm after a small deep-fryer to make chips in (possibly also home-made felafels :drool: )It only needs to have enough capacity for a couple of portions, as there's only two of us.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a deep-fryer. I know, they're not very healthy! But it'd only get used once, maybe twice a week and it's better than take-away chips :)

Comments

• Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You need one that holds probably max 3l of oil, no need for bigger and the main thing to think about is the cleaning process.
    I have one similar to this one (there is also 2 of us) http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1144305.htm.
    You can separate it into pieces as shown on picture and stick non electrical parts into dishwasher - because dealing with the oily sticky surfaces is always the biggest problem.

And I don't think you need to justify how healthy it is here on OS board... everyone occassionaly has the favourite fish and chips or homemade KFC style chicken and deep fat fryers are best for that!
  • markdebby
    markdebby Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    I don't use my fryer any more. It's the actifry for me all the time and there are two of us
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My sister has an actifry and deep fat fryer...
    cannot make shnitzels in actifry. But good for chips and veggies etc.
    I am considering one myself.
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I like the look of that Morphy Richards one.
    Actifrys are quite expensive (£100+ on amazon :eek:)
  • ellawood
    ellawood Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Actifrys are so worth the money and you can make other things in them I do roast potatoes without oil , it's so much better for you
  • JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    I had one of these for years, once it broke I bought a new one... For the price it's great...

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/4233275/Trail/searchtext%3ECOOK+WORKS+DEEP+FAT+FRIER.htm

I don't want to teach anyone to suck eggs... But if making chips, research the double dip method to ensure crispy chips (not soggy) as it means less fat soaking into your food.

I use my frier for HM Chicken Nuggets, and tonight HM Fish & Chips!

Enjoy whichever machine you get x
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family