Cinema Only Free Tickets Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Shazzylaw
    Options
    Hi, I have got tickets for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel for Tamworth through The Mail link earlier in the week; it mentions you need to take the page with you from the newspaper; is this really the case as I do not have the page of the newspaper?
  • sunny_hucknall
    Options
    i have attended lots of these screenings and have never been asked for any proofs or id´s.

can i guarantee that you wont be asked ?

no.

generally the staff at the cinema are way too busy to do any checking, even if they were asked to.
  • peteb23
    peteb23 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The only time I have ever been asked for ID was with a screening through my bank. I had to show my debit card on entry.
  • angelflower_2
    Options
    Shazzylaw wrote: »
    Hi, I have got tickets for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel for Tamworth through The Mail link earlier in the week; it mentions you need to take the page with you from the newspaper; is this really the case as I do not have the page of the newspaper?

I have printed the page off the net (as linked in the post) just in case. "The wording on the internet page says "enter the promotional code from this weekends the mail on sunday at the checkout. present tickets at the box office of a participating cinema, with a copy of this page to gain admittance." so I have that on the rare off chance they might ask. Doesnt say and a copy of the page from the paper ;)

First screening of the year.....its been a long time coming. I ALMOST signed up to the monthly cineworld pass as I havent seen a movie in AGES!!!!

Here's to lots of movies this year :) :T
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • klakierro
    Options
    I recently registered with SeeFilmFirst and I got 2 tickets to see 'This means war' today in Leicester Square. It says ''first come first served'on my ticket, does it mean that even though I have a ticket there's no guarantee that I will get in? If so, are there usually people queuing for hours before the film? Sorry if these are silly questions, any help will be appreciated!
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    klakierro wrote: »
    I recently registered with SeeFilmFirst and I got 2 tickets to see 'This means war' today in Leicester Square. It says ''first come first served'on my ticket, does it mean that even though I have a ticket there's no guarantee that I will get in? If so, are there usually people queuing for hours before the film? Sorry if these are silly questions, any help will be appreciated!

Yep, no guarantee. People dont queue for hours, at least not at my local cinemas. Get there at least 30 mins before and you should be safe. Remember to sneak in your own sweets and drinks :)
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 February 2012 at 1:20PM
    Options
    klakierro wrote: »

What you have tickets for is slightly different in that it is a Press Screening. So I doubt it will be as heavily over subscribed (if at all) as ordinary previews can be.

As far as I know admittance is between 5.45pm and 6.15pm so I would suggest getting in the queue maybe 5.15pm to ensure you get in. I can't see the Press getting there much earlier.

Also remember that you will need to surrender your mobile phone before you go in to see the film. I expect there may be bag searches too, so don't be surprised if you have security rooting through your handbag.

As the film is embargoed until it's release, please can I ask you and everyone else who is seeing it tonight, not to post any spoilers.

The earliest anyone else can see this is February 14th, so please don't post anything that can give away the resolution. Thanks :)
  • thefrenzexperiment
    Options
    Polite request number 1 (on the new thread)...

Please could people not post the following on the "Free Cinema Tickets - Codes only, No discussion thread":

1) Theatre/music/comedy events or anything that isn't a FILM,

2) Codes that have already been posted,

3) Follow-up posts of unnecessary information like lists of cinemas etc.,

4) Questions or, er, discussion.

Point 3 is controversial and has been discussed before, but like all the others, it still generates annoying notifications that lead to great excitement and anticipation of a new FILM code, and subsequent deflation and anticlimax.

It's a simple matter for people to look at the list of cinemas for themselves if they are interested in the FILM, or simply PM the original poster and ask if they would add the list.

Thanks.
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For those members going to see
    Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close at Picturehouse Cinemas on Sunday 12th February.

Finally, Showfilmfirst have corrected their times.

Received this a short while ago.

Please note that the start time on Sunday morning is 11am, not 10.30am as stated on your ticket. You will be sent a reminder with an opportunity to reprint tickets with correct time.

Apologies for any inconvenience
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Polite request number 1 (on the new thread)...

Please could people not post the following on the "Free Cinema Tickets - Codes only, No discussion thread":

1) Theatre/music/comedy events or anything that isn't a FILM,

2) Codes that have already been posted,

3) Follow-up posts of unnecessary information like lists of cinemas etc.,

4) Questions or, er, discussion.

Point 3 is controversial and has been discussed before, but like all the others, it still generates annoying notifications that lead to great excitement and anticipation of a new FILM code, and subsequent deflation and anticlimax.

It's a simple matter for people to look at the list of cinemas for themselves if they are interested in the FILM, or simply PM the original poster and ask if they would add the list.

Thanks.

TIME for PR number 2 :D

Why on earth do they continue to do it ?

A board guide actually deleted the previous Theatre posting shortly after it appeared and they STILL haven't taken the hint !
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport