Investigation at work, help needed please.

Options
Ohmykk
Ohmykk Posts: 6 Forumite
I have deleted this post, as i dont think am wording things very well. thanks for all the help.

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    No it wont affect your DBS at this stage, only if the police decide to take action.

However, it is a big deal and I think you will get sacked in the end. The 'admin' isn't yours to manipulate. They haven't received the support that was requested / commissioned.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If the police is involved, clearly the issue is deeper than you reading to a child three times a week rather than once a week for three weeks. Either there is an issue with payment, or somehow, the way you recorded what you did put a child at risk.

On this basis, it's very difficult to respond to your question.
  • Guest101
    Options
    FBaby wrote: »
    If the police is involved, clearly the issue is deeper than you reading to a child three times a week rather than once a week for three weeks. Either there is an issue with payment, or somehow, the way you recorded what you did put a child at risk.

On this basis, it's very difficult to respond to your question.

I suspect it's this.

The child may be subject to safeguarding where their presence at the centre was part of ongoing welfare checks
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are you a member of a union? They might be able to help or advise. It sounds like you tried to do the right thing (giving 3 sessions in 1), but made an error in judgement regarding record keeping (or that's how I'd present it...)

BTW - it is a serious matter: it's not what you falsified the records about, it's the fact that you falsified them at all.
  • Ohmykk
    edited 7 July 2017 at 5:00PM
    Options
    I have deleted this post, as i dont think am wording things very well. thanks for all the help.
  • Ohmykk
    Options
    No I'm not a member of a union unfortunately.
  • Guest101
    Options
    Ohmykk wrote: »
    That is honestly the only issue, I read books, and the family didn't want to engage any more then one session. I know I've been a total idiot writing what I did, I've only worked the job for 5 months, and I've massivly messed up.

Can I get a criminal record for this?
    Am I best to resign of defend myself?

Criminal record - possibly, but whether you resign or not wont stop that now. The other circumstances really decide this.

e.g. the child is being abused, they failed to show up at the centre, so safeguarding was breached. You then claim they did show up, falsifying safeguarding protocol. The child then suffers serious injuries or worse - you are massively in the sh*t

Don't resign, there's no point. Keep the free money
  • Ohmykk
    edited 7 July 2017 at 5:00PM
    Options
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know why you think it isn't serious. It's serious!

In areas such as this, they would normally disclose fully on references anyway. So the chances of a prospective employer not being told are likely to be slim. And if it's a similar field of work, they'll be told - definitely.

You did not have a job that was only reading books. Your sessions were with a vulnerable family, and these three sessions would be part of a developed programme for family time. Not wanting to take part would not be an option - more often than not, taking part in such family orientated sessions are part of an agreement that is keeping the children out of care. A place that nobody wants a child to be if it can be avoided, because formal care is not an easy or reliable option. By covering up their non compliance, you may have also put those children at risk. What looks like an effort (i.e attending) has actually not happened at all. But you have made it look like it has. That really is serious stuff.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    As you've only been there for five months you can be sacked for non-discriminatory reasons.
    Any reference just has to be truthful so can say the reason for the suspension.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport