PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

HG Tuna

Options
2»

Comments

• tomterm8
    tomterm8 Posts: 5,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    phizzimum wrote: »
    not sure if this post is a joke or not...tuna are between 3 and 10 feet long...how big is your pond?

but on a serious side, I have wondered why we don't keep fish for food. Lots of people have chickens in their back garden now, so why not fish? In other countries people eat carp and koi carp are a very popular as ornamental fish(lots of bones though, apparently). I'm sure Hugh FW had some carp farmers on one of his programmes - they fed them on kitchen scraps.

Some people do keep fish, but to make it economical you need a large pond. It's not really as convenient in town as a small rabit or chicken cage. (Now, if you ask me, it's odd people don't keep rabit as food... they produce a delicious healthy lean meat, can be fed on weeds and breed like rabits. In the old days, rabit was a major part of the diet)
    “The ideas of debtor and creditor as to what constitutes a good time never coincide.”
    ― P.G. Wodehouse, Love Among the Chickens
  • Cazza
    Cazza Posts: 1,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Think this thread could be a red herring........
  • tomterm8
    tomterm8 Posts: 5,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, it's a load of carp.
    “The ideas of debtor and creditor as to what constitutes a good time never coincide.”
    ― P.G. Wodehouse, Love Among the Chickens
  • cherie1122
    cherie1122 Posts: 489 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It made me laugh anyway

:rotfl:
  • bigheadxx
    bigheadxx Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    How do you feel now?

I don't normally believe everything I read on the net without verifying it, but this fish is said to come from the most toxic river on the planet.

Is that the fish net?
  • Bongedone
    Bongedone Posts: 2,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hehe.

Did everybody see the tuna post a few weeks back? If you didn't then I advise everybody to read it as it is very funny. I can see it starting again.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1449441
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bongedone wrote: »
    Hehe.

Did everybody see the tuna post a few weeks back? If you didn't then I advise everybody to read it as it is very funny. I can see it starting again.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1449441
    Thanks for the link -it's hilarious:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family