PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Faux Leather Sofa Stinks of Smoke can it be removed??

Options
hello everyone,

we bought a 2 piece suite from ebay and have discovered that it all stinks of smoke

I have no idea what to do to get rid of the smell?? what can I clean fake leather with and can you ever get rid of the smell of smoke?

Nothing removes its all sewn together.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

there is another flowery awful sweet smell trying to mask the smoke smell, it is currently stinking my house out :( can anyone suggest anyhting other than throw it out please.
I need to start saving so I plan to save £2 a week to start with:beer:

Comments

• PixieDust
    PixieDust Posts: 944 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    How about start with a simple "vinegar-and-water" solution and go on from there? Make sure you get into all the nooks and crannies, especially the piping :)
  • Scrapaholic
    Scrapaholic Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What about a few drops of Stardrops to wash it , then clean cloth to rinse it off . Zoflora disinfectant has some nice smells in the range . You might need to clean it a few times for it to work. Has the base of the furniture got a cloth covering ? You could spray this with febreeze .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure