2 days left in December.. how's everyone's bank balances??

Options

Comments

• CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Like many others I've actually already had my end of dec pay, which was 22nd of December, and this has got to last me until the 26th of January. Admittedly not as long as some peoples but still adds a week on to the wait.

I'm not into the overdraft as yet, but do live in it from one month to the next, plus none of my bills have come out yet apart from the Sky TV and mobile, so rent, credit cards loan etc are all still to come out!

Hopefully though new flatmate will have some bill money for me this month, and Quidco will be paying out £55!

Woohoo!

Should be do-able from my end
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • savingstill
    Options
    I could cry! On Thursday a ck was was showing on my account (written last Sat for meat as their switch machine wasnt working), Friday I ended up paying in Tesco with my credit card because my husbands salary hadnt been paid into the bank! Today I see some switch payments went through also on Thurs, & the ck bounced....Of course that now means 30 quid for bouncing a ck & another 30quid for being overdrawn. Husbands salary now in just wish it was abit more! To top that I have 3 birthdays in Jan. - mum 75th, dd 21st & nephew 16th! Not to mention my 25th wedding anniversary 1st Jan.
    Sorry for the moan, thanks for listening I will have along hot bath & tomorrow I will open a bottle of wine & try to stay awake for new year.

Hope you all have healthy & prosperous new year!

xox
    planing for the future, living for today ;)
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Must be a miracle as I have a lot left, never seen my balance so high this year!! Resisted a lot of things in the sales and haven't been to the cash machine for almost 2 weeks.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Broken_hearted
    Options
    Just checked quidco and there is £52 to come accross. Thats a new blind for the kitchen in the Jan sales.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• Mrs(no)money
    Options
    I got paid yesterday and my OH gets paid every Friday so December has been a bonus month, 5 paydays. So, strangely, the bank account looks unusually healthy!:D
    Experience is the toughest teacher because she gives the test first then the lesson
    DFW Nerd 196 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS.
    Coins found whilst dog walking £7.56 Sun-Fri challenge: £10.00 - Spent £0.00
  • saintly_2
    Options
    bank balance lookin very unhealthy, enough money in there to cover all bills which is good.

i have took out all the money i need to live on an gave it to mum o she can control what i have, for the 1st time ever i think i can get to work the week before payday!!!
    Married my amazing hubby on 8th September 2012 :j:j
  • Nuclear_Tom
    Options
    Mine is looking OK, like others I've had my end of Dec pay (20th) but still got to wait til the 24th Jan. Nearly all my bills and payments have been taken out, theres about £260 left with £155 of bills left to come out. Luckily I have a full tank of fuel, so I'm confident I will have surplus at the end of this month to pay some extra debt off with! :)
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    another one too scared to look. Have been much meaner than usual but still I know it will be bad and am expecting a bank statement before next fridays payday. Ready to be depressed. The only good news is that I only bought one £85 present on the credit card instead of the usual most of them, thanks for all who post freebies competitions, grabbits.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • SunderlandBlackCat
    Options
    I get paid the 3rd week of the month but my direct debits & standing orders dont come out until the 1st week of the next month so everything is in credit at the moment (Earning Interest as well :D ) & if I only pay £250 into the savings that are going to cover paying off my 0% card its going to stay that way.
    First time in 27 months :eek: that will have happened.
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    well i got paid yesterday so its pretty healthy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts