Options
12345679»

Comments

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have they now reduced the measure?
    For the last couple of days I have had a short measure in Waitrose Northampton. Is their their latest cost cutting measure?
    Could be something people have asked for?

I often find hot drinks are served too full that I cannot put in as much milk as I would like.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We've been instructed, under new takeaway regime, to simultaneously press the 'X2' button + drink of choice.

The takeaway beakers are smaller then pre-January and there are now 3 designs of byo beakers @£3.99 apiece. No thankyou.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• pebblesmaxy
    Options
    When the free tea and coffee offer began at Waitrose, I talked to the customer service department at the branch I use and explained that I was carer for three disabled people (dad, 93, mum-in-law, 87 and family friend, 89) two of whom also had dementia. I explained that I do their shopping as well as mine, instore and online. I asked if there was a way I could get a hot drink to take back to whichever one I was on the way to visit, as well as my hot drink. They said that of course that would be fine, as long as I had the correct cards and did the two drinks as separate transactions, using my card for my one and their card for their one. The latte coffees have become a real treat for them all. However, the family friend has now gone into a nursing home, so, if I was going to visit her, I started using a different branch of Waitrose, I had been doing this for a couple of months with no problem, but then was told that I couldn't get a hot drink for her too as she wasn't present in the store. I explained that I had checked it would be okay to do this when the scheme started and that I'd been doing it, with permission, since then, but she said it was policy and nothing she could do about it, I explained that the person I was getting it for is housebound and can't even get into a car, let alone go on a trip to Waitrose, but to no avail. I contacted Waitrose through email and they have confirmed that I am not allowed to get a drink for any of them unless they are present!! It's a real shame Waitrose can't look at the situation and use a bit of compassion. However, it will be me that misses out on the hot drink, as I'm not going to penalise my "elderlies" for being unable to be present at the store. May have to rethink where I do their shopping though...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure