PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lounge carpet doing my head in...please save me!

Options
2»

Comments

• Austin_Allegro
    Options
    mary43 wrote: »
    Our kitchen serves as a sort of 'family room' as well and the carpet (now over 20 years old) is not just flat - the odd hole has worn through ! With the traffic of cats, and at one time two dogs, plus teenage foster children in and out all the time the poor carpet stood no chance.
    So, I bought a couple of nice rugs (cheap from a boot far but in good condition) and they cover up most of the bits that are too horrid to mention.
    So, if it were me............go for the rug option.

Same problem with me - grotty carpet in rented flat. Now covered with a sort of faux-persian rug (which looks pretty much like the real thing) which you can get on ebay for about £50. They're hard wearing and don't show the dirt.
    'Never keep up with Joneses. Drag them down to your level. It's cheaper.' Quentin Crisp
  • firework
    firework Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    not an instant solution i know but i think long term i would be looking to replace it. any chance you can ask the landlady to help? you never know - she might be willing to replace it or help towards cost of cleaning it. other than that ...ask about - maybe you can find someone who's getting rid of something that will fit, poss try freecycle or maybe a furniture scheme - sometimes run by local churches. please don't be offended by this but , other than that what about a grant from social, sometimes you don't have to pay these back. - it doesn't sound like it's too fit for you and your little lad to be lying/playing on. hth.
    credit card debt at LBM Nov 2006 £11,300:eek:
    credit card debt now £0000000000000!!! :j

Debt free at 40! - I made it !!

DFW NERD No . 1158 & Proud to be dealing with my debts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure