Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you have Virgin Train and Virgin west coast accounts to take advantage of Nectar points, remember also that each verified account on the Virgin Red app gives you 250 points each at the start of every month. It also means your Virgin Red account is verified, giving you access to even more freebies and prize draws.

eg this month every verifed account was given a free card from thortful (an online card sending app)
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • sirbaksiu
    sirbaksiu Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Hooray!:j:T
    I was told this was returning N/A before but it looks like the price collection is now on Monday. The other option is that this is a Scottish thing - with M being picked up in England and Wales but possibly not Scotland. Can shoppers in Scotland confirm the comparison vs M is okay? I think the Villa Maria picking up £7 for M was posted yesterday and the price collection was probably still on last Wednesday when, afaik, the product was £7 in .

I don’t think many of us is partaking in wine glitch as Scottish supermarkets do not have 3f2 on alcohol :(
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Hooray!:j:T
    I was told this was returning N/A before but it looks like the price collection is now on Monday. The other option is that this is a Scottish thing - with M being picked up in England and Wales but possibly not Scotland. Can shoppers in Scotland confirm the comparison vs M is okay? I think the Villa Maria picking up £7 for M was posted yesterday and the price collection was probably still on last Wednesday when, afaik, the product was £7 in M.

In M today, I am not seeing much change. However, the SP chips, which should currently be getting 86p for M, may see another increase in the M price soon. This is now the third price increase in M in about a month and I am now seeing 90p in M:(. Whether it is a price increase of 15p from 75p to 90p or whether it is 6p plus 5p plus 4p, it is still 15p! They seem to have taken the incremental approach of small changes at a time as increasing straight from 75p to 90p may have been seen by more customers as unacceptable - however the end result for purchases made now is the same.

Otherwise, some men's razors have gone to full price in M, the offer on Lowicz Raspberry Syrup has ended - now £1.17 - I am going to move the product to Avs T until 20/3, and I need to check some Whiskas cat food further as I am now getting full price SELs but online is still saying £3 across all the applicable range. It looks like the RTC on Swizzels Superstars mix sweets tubs is off as they are now £3. However, Surf Tropical 90 wash washing powder is still £7.

Various lamb cuts are in the process of effectively going up in price from £5/Kg to higher prices and some people may already have only the higher priced stock available to them of some or all of the products they have. Older stock is still £5/Kg, some of which is on its UB date and therefore even cheaper today on store mark-down. I have newer stock at higher prices - Lamb Breast will be going to £6.33/Kg once all £5/Kg stock and stock on its UB is gone; Stuffed Lamb Breast to £6.58/Kg; Lamb Ribs and Lamb Shoulder to £6.33/Kg; and Minty Lamb Ribs £6.58/Kg. The Pork Shoulder (comparable from A) was £2.50 before - I now have new stock at £3.77/Kg. However, the £3/Kg gammon joints are still available and I have new stock now taking one of them to potentially 2nd April expiry date.

Savvy just what sirbaksiu said :(
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Hi curl girl. Paste your list into a word processing programme and then copy it from there. It sorts itself like magic. No idea why but someone on here told me that.

Thanks I will try next time.
    That was the first time I've ever copied anything to mse so surprised I managed to transfer anything at all!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    Options
    Savvy.
    Mum bought a large gammon joint on Sunday from M £3 kg.
    Do you know if it's still on offer please?
    She only told me today.....

Edit. Sorry savvy just read your post.
    Thanks.
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry everyone, not took much notice of the offer on the wine.

Can someone help, a friend is having a party and doing her own wine and prosecco, and has now asked for my help, as I told her there is an offer on.

What do I need to do??
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 March 2018 at 6:15PM
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Hi curl girl. Paste your list into a word processing programme and then copy it from there. It sorts itself like magic. No idea why but someone on here told me that.

Chrisv used to do that. Till I put her right. It will sort itself out if you change your Mse settings
  • curl_girl
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    Chrisv used to do that. Till I put her right. It will sort itself out if you chang your Mse settings

What do I need to change in the settings please zippy?
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got my Home & contents renewal email from Aviva today. Last year was £98 less £50 CB, so a net £48.. Renewal this year £148 :eek::eek::eek:

Cover for house and £20000 contents, no accidental cover £400 excess on both.

Today after scraping quotes and sifting through cashbacks, then seeing quotes different from comparisons I settled on.....
    SAGA (Yes I am an old git) Same cover except excess only £350. CB is £70, but if I include legal cover at £24 extra I would get £101 CB, so get paid £7 to take Legal cover.
    None of the additional charges such as accidental cover, emergency stuff etc.

SO drum roll....... quote was £124, so bought it, cashback (hopefully) £101, so a net £23 for the year, my BEST ever!!!
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

How the heck do peeps stay with their existing provider, mine gave an increase of 51% totally shocking, especially with no claims and no change in circumstances.

Anyone managed less so far this year?
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    What do I need to change in the settings please zippy?

I’ll pm you my settings in a bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport