PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

hi-newbie money saver!!

Options
just want to say, what a brilliant board. my life is changing because of all your usefull, and (sometimes funny) posts. i,m really enjoying making meals from scratch. my OH says he,s never seen such a variety of food, and i,ve got the thumbs up from the kids too.my real challenge is getting the weekly shop down a bit, but with all the inspiration from everyone on here im sure i,ll manage it. thanks to everyone.!!. ( now if i can just tear myself away, im going to sit in the garden while it,s still sunny, and think about ....shopping lists.

Comments

• r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    hi miacat :wave:

It's great that you are enjoying the boards - I find so many helpful tips here and everyone is really friendly.

I am also converted to HM meals - glad the kids and OH are enjoying your efforts :)

r.mac :wave:
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    :wave: :wave: Hello

Welcome to the nut house!!
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • apprentice_tycoon
    Options
    :hello: hello :hello: another newbie - the more the merrier, it all adds to the ideas pool
  • Downsizing__for_sanity
    Options
    Welcome to the boards!

We've adjusted our lifestyle so much, thanks to OS and MSE that I've been able to decide to leave work and go back to University to do another degree (hence the user name). All without too much hardship - just being sensible, and I think our quality of life will be much better as well.

Good luck - see the Grocery Challenge posts for help and encouragement - you're just in time to start September's!

DFS
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    DFS

I've just done the same thing :) - start in two weeks time. I'm doing law and all of a sudden realising I am giving up the salary has really hit me! LOL.

If you ever need to discuss 'student' stuff, just PM me.

r.mac x
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • miacat
    miacat Posts: 3,966 Forumite
    Options
    thanks all, i,ts great to feel welcome. good luck with uni (downsizing for sanity).
  • pink_fairy_7
    Options
    Hi mia cat

Welcome to the O/S board :wave:

It's addictive

Pink Fairy x
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi miacat, great to meet ya:D
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • AnnaV
    AnnaV Posts: 531 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I'm new too, nice to meet you Mia Cat x
    Anna :beer:
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello Miacat - welcome to your next addiction - old style!:eek:
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA