any way out????

Hi, 3 years ago everything was hunky dory, my husband and I both had good jobs earning 60K a year, yeah we were in debt but could afford to pay it, then things went t--ts up and we lost our jobs through ill health. A little bit of pension money helped clear a little of our debts but still left us with 48K joint of credit card debts. We now live on benefits, have moved house to lower mortgage payments, and just pay token payments to each creditor (14 of them). The problem is we have a lot of equity in our house and are constantly waiting for a knock on the door from one of creditors asking for their debt (the most we owe one credit card is 9K). I wondered if anyone could give any advice about this - is it likely or do you think they will continue to accept this token payment of £2.50 per month for eternity???????????? Also I have not forwarded my new address to them, am I obliged to????? I am in touch with National Debtline but they dont seem to give me an answer. Any replies appreciated, many thanks, Debbie (virgin moneysaver messenger!!)

Comments

• skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I can't help with your question, but if you post exactly what you have coming in and going out, we might be able to suggest ways to cut back?
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure