PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cheese in cheesecake?

Options
Hi everyone, I know someone smashing will be able to help me...
I have a load of broken biscuits that i thought I'd try to crush up to make into a cheesecake base. I have some frozen blackberries to go on the top....but don'tknow how to make the middle layer.
How do you make the 'cheese' layer, the white one, in a cheesecake?!
Can anyone help me please. We love cheesecake so it would be fab to make my own.
Thanks.
PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!

Comments

• hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    it's usually cream cheese, sugar and cream, maybe some eggs depending on the recipe. A quick google for cheesecake recipes will turn up loads.

Recipes often say it has to be full fat cream cheese, but I always use the light stuff and it's fine
  • Waffle_On
    Waffle_On Posts: 408 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You need cream cheese, philly, mascarpone or similar. Add icing sugar to taste and a splash of lemon juice to cut through the richness.

If you're feeling a bit more adventurous, look for a 'baked cheesecake' recipe.
    Shrinking my mortgage!
    Nov 13 £166,000

Jan 17 £142,900
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's cream cheese. Usually mixed with sugar and eggs and baked.

There is also a "no bake" version using condensed milk and lemon http://www.eaglebrand.ca/recipes.aspx?cid=155juice,
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    200g Philly or own brand soft cheese

250 mls double cream

4oz icing sugar

Mix cheese and sugar together. Whisk cream to fluffy, then mix into the cheese mixture

Add flavouring if using

Smooth over base and leave in fridge to set
  • Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Smashing, thanks guys. I Googled it before posting, but there are so many different ways I wanted a tried and tested nice one (obviously that is personal taste, but you know what I mean) . Will be making a cheesecake at the weekend I think. :)
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
    Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    You can use evaporated milk instead of cream - cheaper, and as it's in a tin you can always have some in for when you fancy making one.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure