Something fishy?? Advice please

Options
In 2011 i took out a loan with speedloan finance ltd. I got into financial difficulty and was unable to pay it off.
In june 2012 i was issued with an attachment to earnings and i have been paying £50 per month out of my wage since.

Today i received a very strange letter from speedloan finance. It was basically a blank piece of paper, no heading on it, that simple said "this claim has been transferred to the county court at for enforcement"

Now for a start at the top of the page it says a different county court to what it does at the bottom?
It has the same claim number as the debt i have been paying off sine june 2012?
There is no mention of how much i owe, no contact number, just a plain piece of paper with this wrote on, also no court stamp??

Comments

• FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It sounds like a grossly incompetent attempt to warn you of impending CCJ proceedings. I would head them off at the pass and contact Northampton (? I think) directly to see if you can find out what it is. Meanwhile, write back to the numpties enclosing a copy and ask them what the hell they think they are up to. Dont warn them that you think this is a CCJ attempt because dicking around with the process will invalidate the CCJ attempt if you defend it. You can have it set aside for not being correctly 'informed' of the CCJ proceedings. You must be giving adequate warning and this most certainly doesnt count. I would keep that letter for posterity and present it to the court when and if you end up defending this.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • stevemLS
    stevemLS Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    If there is an attachment of earnings order surely there is already a CCJ?
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    stevemLS wrote: »
    If there is an attachment of earnings order surely there is already a CCJ?

Oops, didnt see that bit...getting tired.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • donjibob
    Options
    Yes there is already a CCJ in place from June 2011, however this has been paid monthly through an attachment to earnings. By my calculations it is due to be fully paid off next month!?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure