Remortgage- time scales

Options
We are currently remortgaging. We have received our full offer. How quickly can it go through?
Does anyone have any experience or advice about how to push it through? We're funding an extension so need the money asap
Thanks!

Comments

• leanneq
    leanneq Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    In addition, how long does it take for nationwide to send the mortgage offer to our solicitors? We received an email on Friday but the solicitors don't have it?
    Is it worth me phoning nationwide to chase?
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Seven to ten days as the Nationwide posts offers second class.

Completion - when the solicitors have completed their duties.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • iwannabefree
    Options
    Our remortgage went through in just 3 weeks from asking/submitting paperwork to offer, then to completion on Tuesday coming. This was through Halifax.
    Debt free Nov 11 :j
  • leanneq
    Options
    Thanks that's really helpful. Nationwide now have the offer and we sent the deeds back today. I'm hopeful we can complete this week! I don't know if that's unrealistic though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure