Has anyone won a twitter competition without...

Options
Writing a message about why you're so deserving of winning?! Is it enough simply to like and retweet?

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If it needs a follow and retweet that's what I do, if it wants more than that I probably don't bother to enter, I have won a few times doing this.
  • skintpaul
    skintpaul Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have never done a 'begging' entry, on TW! Just follow / like / RT as required..
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
  • thetoothfairy
    thetoothfairy Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Very good to hear.
  • Runnerduck
    Runnerduck Posts: 3,146 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    i have won a lot ever, i just follow and rt, and may tag a friend if i think she would like to enter, but never any begging or grovelling!
  • thetoothfairy
    thetoothfairy Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Runnerduck wrote: »
    i have won a lot ever, i just follow and rt, and may tag a friend if i think she would like to enter, but never any begging or grovelling!

Pleased to hear it - I'm still grateful to you for winning a netbook from robinsons all those years ago!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    yep, won tickets to a convention by follow and rt
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    Just follow, RT and if it asks answer the question (usually it's something like " Is the name of our new product A) B) or C)?) or asks me to link to the product I would like to win. I don't tag because I don't have friends who are on Twitter. Not enough characters for a sob story on twitter!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I usually do what is asked - Follow, Retweet, Like and answer the question if there is one.

I know some people do not like to give prizes to competition accounts, unfortunately that is what most of my Twitter is, not all of it, but mostly competitions. So if I am selected they may redraw another winner, without me knowing.
    So many people enter Twitter competitions as they are simple to enter, so the chances are fairly low. I've won 2 Twitter competitions out of around 5000 competitions, but I can't complain.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • bubblebobble23
    Options
    Does anyone ever win because of those endless copy and paste manual retweets?
  • happysaz133
    Options
    I've never done a sob story on twitter, I just follow and RT. Won a few times on Twitter but not frequently.
    I just enter and forget...hoping to win something! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure