MoneySaving Poll: How do you rate your home phone and broadband provider?

Options
Poll started 18 October 2016

How do you rate your home phone and broadband provider?

We can tell you which the cheapest providers are, but to find out if their service is any good, we need your help. So twice a year we ask you to tell us about your customer service experiences.

Please rate your HOME PHONE and BROADBAND provider(s) on customer service (not price) over the past SIX MONTHS.

Phone and broadband from the same provider? Rate each service separately.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• Pmarmalade
    Options
    Disillusioned EE Fibre customer here, looking to switch now I'm out of my 18 month contract.

Installation and set-up was a nightmare. Granted, they had a lot of problems with BT, who were required to do the connection, but they wouldn't even investigate or check the status of the case (with BT) until I'd phone to ask about progress. Apparently their Customer Management System - if they even use one - won't remind them to look into a case after BT were scheduled to do their bit. When phoning to check up on progress, I'd have to wait on hold while they got in touch with someone at BT to find out the latest reason the installation didn't go ahead -- I was always told them just phoning me back wasn't an option. This went on for almost two months.

During/because of all of these complications my preference to pay for line rental upfront at a discounted rate was bypassed and the £100 M&S voucher for signing up through MSE wasn't honoured.

Dispirited by the whole connection saga, once I was finally connected I just wanted to forget about it - I didn't need the additional hassle of fighting with them while moving into a new home.

Once set up I found the supplied router performed quite poorly with WiFi. My old O2 bundled router was far better, despite being a much older model having been with O2 (exceptional service, btw) for a number of years. Recently my internet speeds have been very inconsistent, also.

Although the pricing is reasonably competitive, I can't wait to leave them for a better offer and almost certainly a better service. Not a fan of BT, but their current Fibre offer is compelling and surely they can't top my terrible EE experience?
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How are we supposed to rate a firm for customer service, when there has been no need to talk to them?
  • happyinflorida
    Options
    Basically this shows the vast majority of us are not happy with our suppliers of both phone and broadband.

Considering how much these crooks charge us, it is disgraceful that they are allowed to get away with charging us so much but not giving the supply they promise - especially with broadband.

BT should never have been privatised and I hope Corbyn gets into power so he has a chance to renationalise everything.

It's the only chance we've got of getting rid of these bad companies who are only interested in making money and not reinvesting such as we've seen with the railways - look at how Southern have made £millions in profit but failed to reinvest and this corrupt to the core rotten conservative government even gave them another £20 million recently - on top of the £millions they've been giving them every year very quietly which they don't want us to know about.
    Grrrrr - moan over!
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Was going to join the poll but the link takes me to DIY and age, not a lot of help. Anyway BT has been good for me.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Gnocchi
    Gnocchi Posts: 860 Forumite
    Options
    VirginMedia HomeWorks 8/10

Up to 300Mb, repairs good only needed twice in eight years, if you get someone whose accent you can understand, technical support 24/7 free is okay. They do try hard and HomeWorks helps.
    VirginMedia email often down lately but service is usually fine.
  • highland_lass
    Options
    Absolutely horrendous - would NEVER recommend them to even my worst enemy.
    Connection was meant to be 10/14 days - nearly a month!
    Waiting times for Doncaster based call centre minimum of 20 minutes listening to music and absolutely horrendous male voice every time I have tried to call due to non connection or other problems
    Customer service is non-existant, they apologise but do nothing at all - what does apologies do other than annoy you when it goes at the rate they apologise - continually!
    My last 4 internet providers all supplied number display free of charge, only discovered after they finally connected that this was not offered and not part of the package. This was not offered as part of the package so now I have to pay another 1.75 a month for this or lose my years money which I have paid up front.
    Will definitely NOT be renewing after my year contract up and definitely will NOT be recommending ORIGIN to anyone.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    haha love it. It doesn't matter how I rate them, I have no choice but to use them!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport