Extended returns period?

Options
Hi all,

Can anyone remember when stores tend to offer their extended returns period so you can buy gifts sooner and still be able to return them after Christmas?

I've found two jumpers on the Next site that I think my husband will like but the sizing is always difficult to judge. I'd like to buy them before they go out of stock but conscious that the returns period will expire before he sees them.

I've trawled the Next site looking for info but can't find any Christmas policies anywhere.

Any ideas?

Comments

• tracym54
    tracym54 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Its usually around the beginning of November.
  • Sammy_J
    Sammy_J Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Tracy! Now to decide whether to wait a month or gamble on them being okay!
  • celticcurl
    Options
    Different shops operate different policies so ask a member of staff and get them to write it on the receipt.
    If you don't want to risk waiting then buy them, then lay them flat against an existing sweater of your husbands that you know he likes the fit of. If they're a lot different you can return them within the normal returns period. This is what I do when buying clothing presents for my husband and has always worked well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure