New Job offer with bad credit rating

Options
Hello,

After many months of viewing the useful advice on this forum this is my first post!

I've received a job offer with a bank and they have said they will perform a credit check, however I have very recently defaulted on an Egg card which shows on Experian, the rest of my creditors are still active a few with maximum of 1 missed payment but most are maxed out.

I have recently set up a DMP, but my real question is how badly will my credit file affect my prospects of getting the job. It's an administrative role with a major bank.

I'd really appreciate some good facts rather than opinion, any examples of jobs being turned down or accepted would be great.

Thanks for your help, I suppose I need reassuring!

CJ

Comments

• skintasusual
    Options
    my sister and my boyfriend both work for banks.

my sis is on a DMP now, but at the time she was employed she was just in a financial mess - she had at least one CCJ
    They employed her, but then they found the CCJ n her record after, and asked her to arrange paying it off. She has just had a baby, and she is not going back after as she feels there are no prospects for her with the state her credit record is in while on DMP, because they do a new credit check for promotions etc.

My BF got away with it too to start with , but now he's clearing his credit as quick as poss for the reasons above!!!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    :beer:
    Official DFW nerd no.190 :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills