Liability Accepted..

Options
I claimed after a work accident and liability has been accepted, thankfully!

After the incident, I had 3 days off work and thought I was good to return so went back. Within hours I was crippled and limping and long story short told that if I went home, I would not get paid so my hands were tied and stayed, obviously. Bills to pay and young family.

I spent the next 5 weeks at work, struggling like mad before eventually seeking advice from HR and being told that I would be paid...so went on the sick.

During the 5 weeks or so I was at work, I was doing an easier jobs but on 2 occasions I was basically forced into overtime working on a job I was restricted from. Heavy lifting etc..These restrictions were confirmed by the physio but supervisor says otherwise..

Would it be worth mentioning this to my solicitor? It's a knee injury and I was clearly in pain carrying my leg hence the limp. Basically treat like !!!! until I went back on the sick.

Comments

• ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LW24 wrote: »
    I spent the next 5 weeks at work, struggling like mad before eventually seeking advice from HR and being told that I would be paid...so went on the sick.

This was your second mistake.
    2 occasions I was basically forced into overtime working on a job I was restricted from. Heavy lifting etc..These restrictions were confirmed by the physio but supervisor says otherwise..

Would it be worth mentioning this to my solicitor?

No, unlikely to be fruitful unless you can evidence the events, if the supervisor denies your version it ends up a he said she said bun fight.

In what way were you forced?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • LW24
    LW24 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    This was your second mistake.

No, unlikely to be fruitful unless you can evidence the events, if the supervisor denies your version it ends up a he said she said bun fight.

In what way were you forced?

Warnings were verbally threatened by teamleader..

What about restrictions and carrying on same duty and it's documented?
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 December 2017 at 6:15PM
    Options

Define "documented"?

Have you had a referral to an occupational health professional?
    .These restrictions were confirmed by the physio but supervisor says otherwise

You need to start being assertive and raise this with your line manager if the supervisor is challenging situation.

There's little point in support mechanisms being implemented for them to fall on a supervisors whim.

Does your employer accept the physios input?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Warnings were verbally threatened by teamleader..

Again if you work where I think. (based on previous, deleted, post)

What have to union said?

A teamleader there has very little authority beyond general day to day running of an area, certainly not in a position to insist on you doing OT.

I would have been straight onto the shop steward, who would have gotten occy health involved (the restrictions were put in place officially through them weren't they?) and the teamleader and possibly the PL of the area would have had a right bollocking.
  • LW24
    Options
    Again if you work where I think. (based on previous, deleted, post)

What have to union said?

A teamleader there has very little authority beyond general day to day running of an area, certainly not in a position to insist on you doing OT.

I would have been straight onto the shop steward, who would have gotten occy health involved (the restrictions were put in place officially through them weren't they?) and the teamleader and possibly the PL of the area would have had a right bollocking.

I don't think I work where you think I work, shop steward and PL aren't something I'm aware.

Restrictions were put in place by the company physio who insisted I took it easy and not on heavy jobs.
  • LW24
    Options
    Define "documented"?

We document what we've been doing 100% of the time for quality purposes basically.
    Have you had a referral to an occupational health professional?

Work doctor? Yeah. Currently working half shifts based on the doctors advice and physically don't think I could work a full shift and this has been ongoing since August.
    Does your employer accept the physios input?

Yeah 100% usually. This time it seemed the message hadn't got across to my supervisor so I had to do what he said.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    I claimed after a work accident and liability has been accepted, thankfully!

After the incident, I had 3 days off work and thought I was good to return so went back. Within hours I was crippled and limping and long story short told that if I went home, I would not get paid so my hands were tied and stayed, obviously. Bills to pay and young family.

During the 5 weeks or so I was at work, I was doing an easier jobs but on 2 occasions I was basically forced into overtime working on a job I was restricted from. Heavy lifting etc..These restrictions were confirmed by the physio but supervisor says otherwise..

Would it be worth mentioning this to my solicitor? It's a knee injury and I was clearly in pain carrying my leg hence the limp. Basically treat like !!!! until I went back on the sick.

You forgot to document where and when you had any professional medical advice.
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    I don't think I work where you think I work, shop steward and PL aren't something I'm aware.

Restrictions were put in place by the company physio who insisted I took it easy and not on heavy jobs.

Oh, OK, I got the impression from your last thread, borne out, I thought, by your replies and the thanking of my post, that we worked for the same company. If not then just ignore me :rotfl:

(Shop steward is just a generic term for your union rep usually based on the shop floor. PL is Process Leader, just another term for a Manager.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure