Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Think you have a mark on your glass cupboard door TM. Needs a wipe down, possibly looks like it might be a splash from the food mixer. ;)

:o

I’m aiming for the “lived in” look:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,962 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    A puzzle for you:D

A piece of string is attached to the corner of a cube. The cube is suspended by the string and lowered into a bucket of water so that exactly half of the cube is submerged. What shape is made by the intersection of the cube with the surface of the water?
    :)

The shape formed is a regular hexagon. Three faces of the cube meet at each corner so as you lower the cube, the intersection starts off as a point and grows into a triangle. The size of the triangle continues to grow as you lower the cube until it reaches it largest possible size. This happens when the water passes through all corners connected to the submerged corner by an edge of the cube. Any further lowering truncates the corners of the triangle and produces a six sided figure with the surface of the water intersecting all six sides of the cube. As you continue to lower the cube, the longer sides of the six sided figure decrease in length and shorter sides increase in length until they all become exactly the same length. This happens when the water intersects the midpoints of all edges not connected to the corner connected to the string or its diametrically opposed corner. The rotational and reflective symmetry of the cube tells us that all the sides and angles are equal.

But...a cube is a 3D shape and a regular hexagon is a 2D shape.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,962 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I went shopping for 2 small light bulbs, expecting them to be 50p each. Spent £4, seems there are new rules and they all low energy and long lasting or some nonsense.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    :o

I’m aiming for the “lived in” look:D

Yip, me too, all the rage you know.

messy-kitchen.jpg
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    If anyone sees any offers on Thierry Mugler Alien perfum, give me a shout please :)
    (How much :eek: 30 ml for that much, I would want it to make me 10 years younger so I could re-live my teens!!)

Not sure if its 30 ml or 60ml you are looking for but I found this

ALIEN EDP 60ML & BODY LOTION 100ML £58:14
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    But...a cube is a 3D shape and a regular hexagon is a 2D shape.

What shape is the “ intersection”:D
    silvercar wrote: »
    I went shopping for 2 small light bulbs, expecting them to be 50p each. Spent £4, seems there are new rules and they all low energy and long lasting or some nonsense.

So it’s happening to you as well:o

We’ll wake up tomorrow sc and we’ll all be muggles:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Not sure if its 30 ml or 60ml you are looking for but I found this

ALIEN EDP 60ML & BODY LOTION 100ML £58:14

Cheers Marmite, but 30ml. Ill have to hope there is an offer on at the prefume shop or somewhere. I expect there will be.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    DM was asking earlier what are we all buying the gift sets for. I have a sofa full plus some in the hall. I have already got some for my friends down Portsmouth/New Forest and have a couple of bags for them here too. A few are for my Sister, Niece and her two girls. 6 Baylis & Harding are being used in weekly Saturday online raffles for Romanian dog/cat rescues. The rest of what I've got here is to sell to my friends at Ravenswood Rescue. We are all meeting at one lady's house on Sunday for a meal (people are taking food to eat and host making pasta and curry dishes) and I am supplying the booze (freebies from cashback mainly). So I said I would take all my glitch stuff for them to pick from. I am adding to the price I paid for them and the proceeds are going to Ravenswood. I will also take 'orders' from them and try to get as many more as I can, while it lasts

We normally all go out for a meal at Christmas but someone suggested we do this and all pay £10 each to go to Ravenswood, rather than pay £30+ in restaurant

So Ravenswood should get quite a bit of cash this weekend
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    3Dogs wrote: »
    Reminds me of a 70's album I bought by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Titch - If music be the food of love .........................................................prepare for indigestion :rotfl:

Yes, his face was all blurred, I thought you'd flashed him

With the flash on your camera of course ;)

:eek:

I promise I didn't have my nightie on. :rotfl:

Is this any clearer...

IMG_0278.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business