The Happiness Project 2015

Options

Comments

• Positivepenny
    Options
    Hi, loved your post soo much I've now subscribed. My goal is to pretend to be a positive person so much, that I will eventually become one 😄x

Goals for new year

1) get control of our spending
    2) reduce debt by 1 third
    3) keep gratitude journal (and encourage my boys to do the same)
    4) cultivate relationships

Happy new year and remember - stay positive xx
  • vw_campervan_mum
    vw_campervan_mum Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 January 2015 at 6:18PM
    Options
    Loving all the positivty:j
    Will have a look at your book Paperdoll. I have been reading Hardwiring Happiness by Rick Hanson which I am using for my meditating. I think it's brilliant and explains all my negative/wonky thinking of my (ahem) 51 years.
    I have got off to a slow start on the list but it's all good. Walked today and yesterday. Did a ridiculous intro to a Hip Hop Workout DVD with sons girlfriend. Watched a film "The Family" by Luc Besson which I thought would be arty rather than so graphically violent :eek:
    Still enjoyed it though. Waved goodbye to my visiting family and awaiting friend to visit tonight so that's loads on the emotional wellbeing chart :smileyhea
    Debt Free. Have my Van. :) Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Hope it's all going well for you so far, paperdoll, and that everyone's New Year has got off to a positive start.
    Full of cold at present, which means that the exercise plans haven't got off the ground yet, but am reading a History book that I'm learning a lot from (really interested in the books mentioned on here,though - will deffo check them out), and have had a lovely evening with OH and the (teenage) kids, and looking forward to all of us going out for brunch tomorrow.
    OH and youngest are back to work and school on Monday, so I plan then to get a routine going in order to get and keep my home sparkly clean (tidy house, tidy mind, hopefully!), and build in some "me" time for my personal goals:)
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    love the positivity in this thread paperdoll - hope you don't mind me joining in!

Weekly goals:
    1. Keep track of all spending on YNAB and stay within budget
    2. Do something active with kids at least once a week
    3. menu plan, shop with list and cook healthy meals every day
    4. Attempt some sort of DIY or home maintenance (not including normal cleaning) - I have lots that needs doing around the garden and home and I am not very skilled in this area so I need to start attempting to do more before it ends up costing me lots of money

Good luck everyone with your challenges!
  • Paper_Doll
    Options
    Heidi Hi Everyone!

Wowzers, I disappeared for two days and have read your posts and I love them!

Stressedsteph...it is awful when you feel like you need to break away but it is the best thing for you. Sometimes you gotta cut the crap and concentrate on you. Backstabbing...it says a lot about them not you. Some people like to moan for the sake of it and it is true that misery loves company! You seem like such an awesome person and you don't need their vibes infiltrating your brain...it just makes you feel worse. Glad you met up with your old friend :)

Hi Ellsbel...I love your do one thing a month that you love! What new hobby or thing do you want to learn to do? I think pick something so out there because you can do anything!! I bought a Zither from vintage store in Germany which is sitting on my table! Think I might learn to play that! Let me know how it goes!

Hi Positivepenny....sooo true! Fake it till you make it I say. Your positivity will be infectious they will all be asking what you're taking! I love your gratitude journal :) I started a happy journal last year that I look at whenever I feel down. It simply has quotes I love, inspirational photos, song lyrics and anything that makes me smile! Totally works :) If I ever have children...I will pass this down to them. I love that you are going to encourage your boys to do the gratitude journal too. The more you are thankful of something, the more the universe keeps sending you more of it.

I mean I am grateful for a few Hollywood hunks, so i am just waiting for one of them to knock on my door :)

vw campervan mum...thanks for the recommendation! How is the meditating going? I will see if they have a second hand version on Amazon. I finished reading Seneca...it was a bit tough going towards the end. Hip Hop Video...that sounds ace...I would take it too far and pretend I was an extra in a music video! You are doing awesome!!!

I am now going to read The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. This book changed my life for the better about 5 years ago and I have given them as gifts as it's that good and will start working on a dream board before I go back to work on Monday waaahhh!

Hey judi24...come on in lovely! How are you finding YNAB? How long have you been using it? Loving the attempt some DIY! My mother always says, if you can count, count on yourself so I will have to join you on attempting some new skill as I don't like relying on others, but I wont attempt anything like plumbing as of yet :)

Righyho..for my soul I need to make up with my sister as I have been in a stinky mood with her as she blew me out. Life's too short to be upset about something that I will forget next week so best give her a sloppy kiss today!

What is everyone doing today to brighten up these grey skies? xxx
    [STRIKE]Tesco Loan £6000 / £0.00[/STRIKE]:j
    Lloyds CC £2400 / £2118.00
    [STRIKE]Barclays CC £706 / £0.00 [/STRIKE]:j
    0% Loan £4000 / £2600.00

Every great dream begins with a dreamer
    :A
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Paper doll - I have been using YNAB since September - It really helps ad when I wasn't quite to diligent with it over Christmas I can really see the difference! Anyway - all accounts are reconciled and ready to go again - so I need to make sure I enter all spends and budget for everything!
    I really need to do a list for the DIY jobs and just get going with them - once I have tackled a few bits I hope to have the confidence do some of the bigger things - not sure I will ever be skilled enough to do plumbing apart from un blocking the loo!!!
  • jellybean12
    Options
    Hello all!

*delurking*

I LOVE this thread Paper Doll!

I hope you don't mind if i tag along for the ride? (most of the time I will probably be lurking in the shadows!)

Anyway, you've all inspired me!

My goals are:

- Declutter 10 things a day... (have been doing this for 4 days now and I feel GREAT!

- sort money into a proper budget (not using YNAB...just trying to 'go it alone' first and see how i get on!)

- exercise more (have been doing this for 4 days now....and before this I would just get tired *looking* at the word exercise!)

- meal plan.

All of this for the ultimate incentive - i'm *attempting* to clear a credit card...then save up for our wedding!

Great to *meet* you all.....here's to an awesome positive frugal year!

Jelly
    :-)
  • Paper_Doll
    Options
    Hi Jelly

Aww thanks...everyone here is super positive and excited for 2015 so come on in and join us :)

The declutter goal is so good. I bet you feel so cleansed and your mind free! It is amazing how just clearing stuff clears the mind! I will be doing a meal plan also for the week ahead tonight! Did a good search on Jamie Oliver's site for quick and easy meals.

Today I turned into some cooking weirdo...made a roast dinner, and am currently making some Poppy Seed Bread. Got a Scandinavian cooking book for Christmas so thought I'd attempt making bread. Sheesh it takes a while. Another 2 hours and it should be done :) Wondering whether it is actually cheaper to buy a loaf then make one?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend? Good luck to everyone whose 1st day back to work is tomorrow...we can do it! x
    0% Loan £4000 / £2600.00

• vw_campervan_mum
    Options
    Great start everyone! I think the updates will be very valuable at keeping us on track.

I haven't had time to look at your books yet PD but will when I get to the library. I have started reading Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin who apparently wrote a book called The Happiness Project :T

Some great ideas for me to think about and will be adapting/adding to my resolutions after I mull it over more.

I have started most of my resolutions although slightly knobbled by the leftover Xmas chocolates :wink:

Walking has been great and meditation is regular. Watched a lot of TED talks for motivation too.

Welcome everyone :j
    Debt Free. Have my Van. :) Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
  • Paper_Doll
    Options
    I have started most of my resolutions although slightly knobbled by the leftover Xmas chocolates :wink:

Walking has been great and meditation is regular. Watched a lot of TED talks for motivation too.

Welcome everyone :j

That is ace! Do you feel much calmer and happier? I think TED talks is seriously great! So inspiring...might have to watch them more regularly!!!

Donnae worry about the xmas chocs...I think the worst thing is feeling guilty but it happened and you've moved on. Onwards and upwards lovely! xx
    0% Loan £4000 / £2600.00

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income