PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• salome
    salome Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi.

Love the blue lappy :-)
    I have to take my youngest to have her tooth out today :-( Trusting it will go ok, last time she had a tooth removed she was ill.
    Hope baby is feeling a bit better PSSO.
    Missing the sunshine. It was lovely last week, sitting out on the decking doing my course homework and reading. I'm not a great one for sitting a long time in the sun, due to having had sunstroke when I was ten, but I do like to sit out in it for a short while, especially if I have something to do, i.e knit, or homework stc :-) Today it's very grey outside my window :-(
    I am without a camera at the moment. My 15yr old took it to Bournemouth and it got wet ???? Even though it ws in it's case at the time, it doesn't seem to want to work :-(
    I missed sending Chalky her squares, can I send them when you're over again ??? :-)
    Have a blessed and prosperous day. Hugs to all who need one ((((hugs)))) Love you all :-)

x
    A work in progress :D
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning to one and all--
    Lots of gentle thoughts to Shelley. ISOM , May and anyone else struggling with life in general at the moment.

Orkney Star -- How lovely to see you back and Purple Teddy Bear lovely to hear of all your knitting.
    Sock Knitter -- Your knitting projects always sound inspiring What is your favourite colour to knit with for yourself!?
    PSSO I know how organised you are so Jayden can be sent anytime by ParcelForce and I will send "any old iron " by return of post. Poor little soul might travel better when he is all changed and fresh though!!
    Kathy Hope all things Chez Barn are going well.

Thanks so much for all the preparations for sending next lot of squares,hedgies etc,etc. As I said we will be home on the 1st July until at least Nov so thank you all once agin for all your wonderful efforts

Well we start our journey next Wednesday so it is time to get organised so I am just finishing off bits and pieces ready to pop in the Sunshine Bus.
    We are swimming every day to make the most of the sunshine and warmth -- I wonder what the summer will hold in the UK?
    OK must jump in the shower
    Lots of love to all
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Salome -- crossed posts . See above for dates
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Morning ladies - sorry have been MIA - usual half term and cleaning up after the week iykwim!.....

I have tried to catch up - but must apologise if I miss anything/anyone
    pippa - hopefully everything ok with MIL xx
    shez - Im still stunned by your Mum's illness -but feel your family are fighting - I really admire you all - thinking of you xxx
    may - I read one of your last posts where you showed a quote from shez and also wrote about getting the Doctor to listen and coming off the phone in tears - Ive been down that route (and still am if truth be known) and its not funny to be passed off and I get so upset and angry when I see more and more people living like this daily - if I was more healthy myself I would start campaigning I tell you - no-one deserves to be treated like this xxxx
    isom - oh I tell you your tales have had me in stitches - Mum and you are ladies after my own heart - so is it the gallstones that have made Mum so sick or has she got a nasty bug as well? - hopefully improvement will start now they know - big hugs and love to you both xx
    os - great to see you back xxx
    chalky - loving the pics - the blues are fantastic - something Im lacking in, in my stash is blue - as for summer in England I think we had it last week:rotfl:so you may be a little too late xxx

Thinking of ISOM's Mum story made me think of the time I was in hospital being checked in a "womanly area" and was all laid out - bits out in the air and was asked if some students could observe - I said yes not a problem (thinking one or two would stand behind consultant - WRONG) - and one by one they came in sat on a stool with wheels - wheeled up to my lower regions and wheeled themselves away .......... well after the third or fourth did this - I asked "tickets please" luckily the consultant and students all saw the funny side of this - trouble is I got a fit of the giggles and could not stop ...... x

psso - hoping young man is feeling better and that his lovely Nan has had some sleep xxx - I saw you and DD & baby on pics on LH - you look very young - so the lack of sleep is not harming your looks xxx (oh I hope that sounded right and I have not offended you :rotfl:I know what I wanted to say .........xx
    linedancerann - such dreadful events - you can hardly believe it happened - loving thoughts to all those in the town xx

Well im off to get on - just to report 2 + hours ironing completed Monday - still more to do though .aaaggghhhh!
    Im just finishing a "child blue" jumper - that was more interesting and has taken me 3 nights and a bit in the day so far - only 2-3 inches left and sew up - (k2tog - bit quicker than the Oxfam one xxx)

Well hugs and love to you all - hoping you all have a good day - special thoughts to those that are poorly or have family who are ill xxx (I was keeping this short otherwise we will be on Part 5 - you know how I like to whitter on.....)
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • Kinsey
    Kinsey Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    Good mornig everyone,
    Shez, just read your mum's interview. I don't know what to say about that, except stay angry and don't let them get away with it, even if it's only for the next people who have this problem. Thinking of you and your mum, lots of love.

ISOM good for your mum saying she won't leave til it's sorted, does she like hospital food then? Seriously, we should all get that attitude, then maybe things would improve. They can spend a fortune looking for 'new' cures but can't manage to carry out the old ones. Hope it all goes well and is soon over with so you can both get on with life.

psso Jayden is such a beautiful baby, and certainly doesn't look as if he would dream of getting gran up at stupid o'clock.

Chalky the blue blanket is superb, and I love the edging, you've given me yet more ideas. I think more ideas float off into the ether than actually get done.

Love to everyone xxx
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Quote ; psso - hoping young man is feeling better and that his lovely Nan has had some sleep xxx - I saw you and DD & baby on pics on LH - you look very young - so the lack of sleep is not harming your looks xxx (oh I hope that sounded right and I have not offended you :rotfl:I know what I wanted to say .........xx quote.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Oh Jaqui you made my day :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. If only you could see me now - I don`t have bags under my eyes..........I have suitcases :D Haven`t been sleeping very well lately anyway so nothing new there.

Jim used to say that on a good day with a following wind I only looked 75 - the rest of the time I look 112. Cheeky devil.

Be back later when I`ve got some `me` time.

Elaine.x
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for you all your good wishes. Mum had a tube down today to fit a stent and try and disperse the gallstones and hopefully will come home tomorrow. Bless her she was very brave - I couldnt have let them do it while awake! She still has residual infection so waiting to see if more antibiotics but problem is the infection was caused by antibiotics so its possibly a vicious circle! We sat happily knitting for a bit and then I left her to rest. Think you have to be assertive and know your rights to be honest with the nhs so streatched but am hopeful that getting rid of ridiculous targets will mean a more efficient use of resources. We shall see but there is at least a glimmer hope...so sad for shez and family though..
    Linedancerann lovely that a minutes silence was done but so sad that it was necessary...quite incredible that so much devastation can be reeked in such a short time by one person...my thoughts and prayers are with you all as you sturggle to come to terms with whats happened. I do hope that the media at least will leave people alone and give them dignity in grief...
    Car in for MOT tomorrow at the ungodly hour of 8.45...whatever possessed me!!
    isoke bought me in a live bird; very gently in her mouth! Managed to get it and release it but she was most put out that I had rejected her gift and released it!
    F1 lovely to "see" you - was thinking of you today as you havent been on.
    Psso...know what you mean about eyes...can stick my thumb in mine - thinks its a family facial feature though! Kiss for the munchkin!
    Cant believe the time has flown chalky! Scary how it goes!
    on to finish the front of my cardi and then just the arms to do!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    ISOM,

i am glad your mom is getting sorted, Hopefully they will get those gallstones out of the way, I bet you are looking forward into her coming home x x Send her our love x x
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I would pop on and tell you all - in public - a confession of massive proportions...........

k2tog - this is the biggest LA LA I have ever had .....

The boy blue jumper that i said this morning was just finishing well I settled down this afternoon with "Housewife 49" recorded from a couple of weeks ago - finished it - proceeded to sew up ............

ONLY TO FIND I HAVE SEWN THE BODY UP AS SLEEVES AND SLEEVES AS BODY - it will fit a small child with fatish arms !!!!!!! - well I tell you i soon slung it down the other end of sofa - Im so stupid - tried an unpick and my seam just wont unpick and now it looks a little wrong

So confession over im off for a bath .................xxx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family