The Boiler Network

Options
Hi, I recently installed a new boiler on credit through Ikano bank in June with the boiler network. I am now worried that something may be wrong with the boiler. I have tried calling the boiler network but the phone line has been disconnected. A quick search has revealed that this company may have gone into administration. I am due to start payments in May 2108, however given the potential issues with the boiler and need for engineer visit, I wondered whether I am covered by the consumer act under my credit agreement. Should I contact Ikano bank about this???
Not sure where to begin with this one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 December 2017 at 9:20AM
    Options
    I bet the customer base has been taken on by someone else.

Actually scrap that you say you think they may have gone into administration, how did you come across that info ?

According to companies house they are still active unless its a different firm.
  • TadleyBaggie
    Options
    A reviewer on their Facebook page claims they have gone into administration, but I can't find any other source to confirm this.
  • Ahmed_Hamza
    Options
    Hi there and thanks for responses. I did check companies house and yes you are right they do appear active however trying to get them on the phone is futile. Secondly, I mentioned they may have gone into administration based on the Facebook comment mention by second response.

I am not sure how to move forward and how this affects my rights and future payments. Obviously I am none to happy about repaying credit if boiler/installation is faulty..... any thoughts on who I should contact in view of company not responding would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Have they set up the direct debit on your account yet?
    If so Google the company and contact details and ask them.
  • dld2s
    dld2s Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    I am of the understanding that the loan company is equally responsible and if it is faulty they should be able to help, certainly worked that way on a faulty TV I bought on credit and supplier went bust.

I would expect though that if there is no fault you may have to pay for the gas engineers time?

Have you asked about the problem on any of the numerous engineer forums on the net to make sure that there is actually a problem and you are not spooking yourself and worrying yourself over nothing or even a simple fix? ( you say you are worried there is a fault so hard to say if you mean you defo have a fault)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure