Tesco currently not selling Unilever Products (Hellmans, Colmans etc)

Options
sarah1972
sarah1972 Posts: 18,953 Senior Ambassador
Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Comes across to me as an EU (Dutch) multi-national bashing the U.K. over Brexit. But why on earth would any consumer support any company which is increasing prices? Personally, I've started a personal boycott of Unilever products and still shopping at Tesco which comes across to me as consumers' champions.

Likely to have an effect over the whole economy in services and products which are adjusted according to the retail price index such as mobile phone contracts.

In due course though relatively easy to find Tesco own brands which are made by Unilever: They will be out of stock :)
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Their adverts I find so generically "look at us" acting as if they are great people who do so much for the world.

In reality they are no different than any other big compnay doing its things to get publicity for as cheap as possible.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm not aware of buying any of these things. It doesn't bother me.

I also don't shop online (the goods can still be bought in Mr T shops); I also rarely go to Mr T as it's a 12 mile round trip .....

Not bovvered as they say
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,953 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not aware of buying any of these things. It doesn't bother me.

I also don't shop online (the goods can still be bought in Mr T shops); I also rarely go to Mr T as it's a 12 mile round trip .....

Not bovvered as they say

They can still be bought in the shop until they have sold out as far as I am aware.

There will always be alternatives and I am not that bothered to be honest, just thought I would highlight it on here.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just looked at the full list of brands on the link provided in Post #1 .... never heard of most of them.

:)

It won't change my life whether they buy/sell them, or not ... or how much the price increases/falls.

Same with everything we buy .... we don't have to. There are alternatives. They're not "food", they're products. It might be good for some people to learn the difference between "food" and "products" and start to go without or try somebody else's similar product.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Most of them you can find an alternative to anyway and I'm sure the world won't stop turning if they disappear from the shelves.What its likely to do is create a false 'panic buying ' from consumers who think that to lose Marmite is the end of the world, trust me its not.I can't see that jacking the price up by 10% is a valid reason at all irrespective of brexit or not.
    tesco will obviously paint them selves as the the consumer crusader ,in fact I think if there were less choice I would be happier.To go into a large supermarket and see umpteen tins all selling the same product i.e. Baked beans with prices varying is daft You don't eat the tin and beans is beans for goodness sake Shampoo washes you hair it doesn't have to do all the airy-fairy things its advertised at just lather up and wash your barnet :) Less stuff on the shelves would perhaps mean less lorries on the road trundling round the same stuff in different labelled tins etc
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The outside word on the inside is, it may, might, could be a credit problem.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport