Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Zippy, anyone else...Has anyone been on Aurora, whats it like? Is it really quiet like the smaller ships, or lively like the larger ships? Or what? Any opinions welcomed. TIA

not been on that one
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 March 2017 at 6:17PM
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    . .:
    actually bubbs there are 5 palmolives. but 3 at 85p, one at a £1 and one at £1.40
    they will all work but ill let you work out the final price of the others :D:D
    so tomorrow you could get 6 of the 85p ones = £5.10, mag £1.20, cappuccino £2.25 mail for £1.70 and pay £2.38 or less depending on rounding
  • Naebbirac
    Naebbirac Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to 'dipose' of OH's things secretly as he will never get rid of anything... everything always has a purpose until I bin it!

Afternoon all.
    Same here sm. I've got devious and hide stuff away. If it isn't asked for in 6 months it goes in the bin or charity shop bag.
    N x
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 9 516 target £250

2 years 'fag free' :j:D
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    cjj wrote: »
    Aww so sorry to hear not all good. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope you are ok. Bubbs is an :A Xx

Sorry to hear about Enterprises FIL, sending lots of love Xx

Think it must have been Mhocs birthday I have missed then, so belated happy birthday xx

Edit - think it's VT's birthday I missed, happy belated birthday xx

Missed mine by months but I managed to be out of the country and AWOL at the time :rotfl:
    OHs on 13th :eek:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    One shirt of OHs I did not particularly like and he carelessly left it on the dining room table :D
    He does realise there is a rule that anything left on the dining room table is destined for boxing and/or bagging for the next charity shop run - he does not realise this rule also applies to him and any belongs he leaves on the table.

so after a week of the shirt being strewn on the dining room table I saw :mad: and it did indeed get put into a charity bag. Unfortunately on the afternoon we were doing the charity shop run OH spotted it between the back door and the car and it was removed from the charity bag where it had taken up residence

He said "my favourite shirt!" - obviously not

Then he pinned it on the washing line and there it remained in wind, rain, hail and snow for about 6 months - I was waiting to see how long it was before he re claimed his favourite shirt :rotfl:
    Eventually at the start of Feb when we were going up to York for the weekend he finally rescued it from the washing line :rotfl:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Actually managed to get out in the garden this afternoon, finally edged the lawns. A bit of physical work does no end of good for the psyche.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    we have been to Chester today :j - excellent day out and we collected all the o2 freebies - walkers crisps from whsmith on the station, Thorntons chocs, free coke from Boots
    Also OH got his free coke from Greggs but his free birthday cake is not showing. I had neither - I wonder if there is a block on my app.
    And finished up in Piture and Piano for our free double Baileys over ice :D

Also in Boots on my app I had Folic acid and vitamin D vits as a freebie and also 50 points if I bought anything from healthcare so i bought 25p paracetamol :)

No sign of any reduced section in Superdrug and no So V in Mr Tosssers which is free on COS

Now home and utterly shattered, still draped over the sofa - I really need to drag my carcass out to the garden but the gravity on this sofa is very strong ... :rotfl:

I collected my Thorntons chocolates in Chester today as well:) Got the bus (not been on a bus for 15 years) into Chester with a friend as she wanted to go to the bank (it was closed!) and walked the 8 miles back home along the cycle way. Tried for the crisps in WH only to find it was for travel ones only.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    One shirt of OHs I did not particularly like and he carelessly left it on the dining room table :D
    He does realise there is a rule that anything left on the dining room table is destined for boxing and/or bagging for the next charity shop run - he does not realise this rule also applies to him and any belongs he leaves on the table.

so after a week of the shirt being strewn on the dining room table I saw :mad: and it did indeed get put into a charity bag. Unfortunately on the afternoon we were doing the charity shop run OH spotted it between the back door and the car and it was removed from the charity bag where it had taken up residence

He said "my favourite shirt!" - obviously not

Then he pinned it on the washing line and there it remained in wind, rain, hail and snow for about 6 months - I was waiting to see how long it was before he re claimed his favourite shirt :rotfl:
    Eventually at the start of Feb when we were going up to York for the weekend he finally rescued it from the washing line :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't think OH would be able to identify his shirts in a lineup!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Just bumping up again Think it was aau who highlighted the Disney £5.00 promotion Thanks It looks really good Persil £5.00 in Tesco and each email address can have 10 applications

Lots of nice wee gifts for around the £5.00
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    4 months free google play music - must remember to cancel! Not for all users though :o

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/four-months-google-play-music-for-free-9-99pm-thereafter-poss-new-users-2629372
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport