Working from home

Options
Hi guys does anyone know of any companys that take on home workers, that dont charge you !

cause the wife would like to do so work from home and look after the kids at the same time. If you have any Ideas please let me know

Ta :rolleyes:
I want to save money and the wife wants to spend it. :beer:

Comments

• Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In my experience it is impossible to get any work done unless the kids are out of the way;)
    If you need to work then you will be eligible for tax credits to pay for childcare. I am not going to suggest childminding as I cant stand the assumption that just because you are a woman you want to look after MORE children (on a minimum wage...)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • fairylights_2
    Options
    i think you'll be lucky to find a job working from home like that, to be honest.

I work from home but it's a party plan business which I had to pay to start (in fairness, it was less than £40 and I was REALLY serious about not going to work and putting my children in nursery!) and I've looked into lots of other things that work the same way. She could always try to set herself up as an ironing service ... or typing service, depending on her skills ... and advertise in post office/newsagents windows or in the local paper.

About working around the kids: It is possible, but it takes some organisation! There are things I can do with them in the house, and some I can only realistically do when one is at playgroup and the other playing/napping ;) . I think it's a case of important business phone calls you wouldn't dream of making with someone chattering/singing in the background you time to fit around them. My extra blessing is that most of my work I take them with me and they play whilst I work so it generally goes fine. But life's all about compromise, and I figure if you want it badly enough, you'll find a way ...

PM me if you want any tips on where to try advertising, or setting yourself up? I've not been going long, so it's all fresh and new here!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 002 :rotfl:
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    I tried a work from home arrangement a couple of times and it worked out about £1 an hour! Some of these things you have trouble getting paid for and there is a lot of "pyramid" selling, such as the "filling envelopes". I tried this-it cost ME money! Beware! The only genune oportunities I ever had were Avon, Kleeneze, and Betterware. I cann recommend any of these as genuine. Lots of fresh air walking he kids!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • klare_2
    klare_2 Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    i work for a texting company from home. its fairly easy the moeny works out at about a fiver an hour once you are up to speed which doesnt take long and as i dont have to pay out for childminder it means i am better off still. I ony do it as a top up to my real job but there are girls who earn around a thousand a month. pM me if you want any more details. :rolleyes:
    :EasterBun ...what more do I need to say?!
    its all in the name of medical science.
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    cant fathom out how to pm you and would love details as have had to give up work due to sickness and after working full time incapacity benefit just is not paying the bills !!!!
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • mariauk
    mariauk Posts: 1,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wilf55 wrote:
    cant fathom out how to pm you and would love details as have had to give up work due to sickness and after working full time incapacity benefit just is not paying the bills !!!!
    Click on Kclares name and a drop down menu comes up, click on private message and your off :D

Maria
    :drool: :dance: Timberlake Hussy Clique Member No 3 :dance: :drool:
  • klare_2
    Options
    Just a quickie to everyone that has PM'd me...
    if you can email me on
    churchill.baileys@btinternet.com

( please dont anyone use that for spaming!! i get enough of that already)

and i will send you all the application form that I have on file.
    It wont be until tomorow as i have to go and do a night shift at my 'real' job tonight so bare with me.

forgot to mention that you would obviously need an internet connection to do this and i think it would have to be broadband but i am not 100% on that, you have to be female or a gay male ( dont ask me the company is american) and whilst a lot of the chat is just friendly bannter there is some that would require an open mind lol so if you re prudish it wouldnt be for you. Other than that it can be really good fun, the other girls that do it are great and its not the hardest job in the world. You have to go through a bit of training where they show you how to work the sytems, leqrn the rules of what you can and cant do etc. the same as you would in any job and then they monitor your work constantly as there are tight regulations ( as in any job) .

Cna i just point out that i am not getting ANY commission for letting people know about this work mores the pity!! but i know i wasted hours on the internet just looking for something that i could earn a few extra quid with.

please also remember that any extra money you earn should always be declared to the relevent people so for anyone choosing to doo it on the side make sure you know that you are taking a bit of a risk, although i am sure there are stacks of the girls that do do that.

anyway, i will wait for the influx of emails now lol
    :EasterBun ...what more do I need to say?!
    its all in the name of medical science.
  • vennardn
    Options
    Has anyone tried out filling in surveys from home.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure