MSE Poll: Do you use banking apps – and which are the best?

Options
2»

Comments

• _Matt
    Options
    Signed up to reply to this thread.

I use banking apps on a daily basis, and would sway away from a company that didn't offer one as it's how I do most of my banking.

I've recently started using Tide, maybe not a valid app for the poll as its for business accounts but it's proving to be a real contender for the best banking app I've used.

Halifax, First Direct and NatWest are all solid banking app choices, although I've had issues with HSBC in the past so would rate that down.

Good to see apps starting to benefit from Fingerprint login more and more, even better for convenience.
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    _Matt wrote: »
    Signed up to reply to this thread.

I use banking apps on a daily basis, and would sway away from a company that didn't offer one as it's how I do most of my banking.

I've recently started using Tide, maybe not a valid app for the poll as its for business accounts but it's proving to be a real contender for the best banking app I've used.

Halifax, First Direct and NatWest are all solid banking app choices, although I've had issues with HSBC in the past so would rate that down.

Good to see apps starting to benefit from Fingerprint login more and more, even better for convenience.

So you're completely buying into the mass unemployment of everyone who works in a bank branch (eventually) by using mobile apps, so your taxes will go up to cover their unemployment benefits as there will be no jobs left for them. And by endorsing big brother by using your fingerprint to log into your bank details? Staying away from a company that didn't offer mobile banking doesn't even enter my wavelength.

The problem is now is that it's more easy than ever to get access to someones details and spend their money, what with Contactless (it's proven that many banks won't asked for PIN until you've made at least 11 transactions, or spent at least £330, as well as being able to use it on the tube) and for someone to get you to open your phone and banking apps by making you use your fingerprint by force.

Madness. Why people need their banking at their fingertips 24/7 I don't just don't get it. Funny thing is you probably spend more time doing banking (or not even doing it, just logging in for no reason) than people who go into branch once week for 60 seconds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure