Lightinthebox

Options
Has anybody had any experiences buying a wedding dress from lightinthebox? I've seen some good reviews and some people have posted pictures of what they received so you can see that the end product is like the dress in the picture. But it just seems too good to be true!!

Comments

• Sleepy_Hollow
    Options
    I haven't bought anything from them personally, but did consider them briefly for a wedding dress.

However, I believe everything comes from China and the quality can be hit and miss. They also tend to be replicas and not the genuine article, which is evident in the price.

There are some reviews that can be found online for them:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/lightinthebox.html
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.lightinthebox.com

I ended up buying mine from Debenhams, and have ordered a back-up, in case it doesn't fit, from Lindy Bop.
  • AnneMarie82
    Options
    I ordered my bridesmaid dresses from china and i am very happy with them. Although not likely to be the company name the email contact was lovetoimpress@hotmail.com

I did place an order with light in the box for another wedding i was going to but the dress wasnt going to arrive in time so i cancelled the order after a few weeks and they gave me a full refund.

My cousin also got dresses for her wedding from china with no issues. Just check with them about returns policies through email before ordering. I ordered one bridesmaid dress as a sample and now happy to order the rest. Also be careful as china sizes (height) can be small and bespoke measurement dresses may be non-returnable.

best wishes.
    Anne-Marie
  • RachRubyD
    Options
    I've seen a few people on weddingbee buy dresses from lightinthebox. I myself am considering buying a reem acra inspired look from lightinthebox. I've seen photo's and seems ok. Think it's hit and miss like most things from china etc. I have my bridesmaid dresses from everpretty based in china, fantastic quality and sold on amazon uk with free del and returns so if had any issues could return for free. I ordered another bridesmaid dress from china from ebay and it was ok quality but had some sequins missing in a huge patch. Was refunded though and i've bought a £5 veil that looks like it could be £100 and just paid £60 for a fancy one which I hope looks good. I checked on royal mail website and it doesn't seem a huge amount to return items especially if light but just depends.
  • Mr_Victim
    Options
    Do not trust. I ordered goods albeit cheap and non expensive but they never arrived. I pushed them repeatedly using their ticketing system but it is all a con. The 20 days delivery leads to 30 then 60 days. The scam is quite impressive to be fair. The refund I demanded never arrived just like my order. I will complain to credit card company to seek a refund. These people are pond life scammers.
  • Mummyel
    Options
    Oh my goodness, from a Bridal Seamstress - beware! from experience I can tell you it's 50/50 if you even get the correct size/colour. If you are looking for a cheaper option, really do consider second hand or ex samples from bridal shops, with a dry clean and any alterations you have, no one would be any the wiser.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure