Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    And your excuse DM for being up so late is ........? Don't you have work to go to tomorrow ? :)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    And your excuse DM for being up so late is ........? Don't you have work to go to tomorrow ? :)

Yes, fighting my tiredness as was just watching some Olympics. Over now so bed I go. Hope you manage to settle in a bit missus.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 August 2016 at 3:42AM
    Options
    altojack wrote: »

:eek:It's only Friday!

But that's a good thing as it's... nearly the weekend!!:D

M list is updated again. As usual the additional items and changes to the notes on some of the items are in bold. I have wondered whether to change some items that are already currently on the list into bold - some that I haven't seen for a while - but, of course, these days left them on the list (I never delete anything:rotfl:) - I have now had some items turn up for me again, after so long!, and thinking I should change some sometimes into bold to reinforce the fact that they are still available in M.

I'd lost any stock of the O'Kane Southern Fried Chicken Drumsticks (1Kg) for probably three months. I was almost at the stage of thinking M did not have it anymore and almost removed it (except I never do!) from the list above six weeks back. Then I came across evidence of its existence in one store - just a SEL for it, marked "PRICED" and with no stock, but of course it will still be constant £3, and that helped me keep it on the list. Thank you M in Derby!:T You were useless when I visited you last week though, as you had no trace of this now - or several other items that I had to pick up elsewhere (I didn't have the O'Kane product anywhere though) - but you did provide me with a number of other items instead that I didn't have anywhere else:rotfl:.

However, I now have the O'Kane product back, from another non-regular store, and even got stock this time! So, it has come back into M (£3 marked on it as expected) or, maybe, been continuously around as I suspect it has (I didn't ever take it off the list) in some store of another throughout the entire three months of its absence for me. I think I may have been unlucky not catching it at one early part of its absence but it did then go OOS and vanish without trace in stores for me more recently (apart from this brief re-invigoration - SEL but no stock - in Derby some weeks back).

I've a small number of thoughts in the last day about - would you believe? - doing a supplementary to the price collection (probably on Saturday) and thinking of visiting a small number of stores that I don't plan on visiting on Monday next week. Particularly as I have been so poor this time on the Cow & Gate steamed meals and McCain's Tomato & Basil Wedges:rotfl: and because I think there are some items that I am missing somewhere. However, mainly because I'd rather like a relaxing drive across some nearby countryside. So I will probably do about three stores - not a full check of changes but just new items, items I've messed up on (potentially, due to all my stores showing wrong prices or none at all) and see if I come across any of my long-lost items.

I think I might be moving the 15p Room Scenter Candles to the list of "lost" items on post 12 soon - has anyone still got any of those anywhere? I have not seen them for ages now, although I'm, once again, sure that my almost ready to move them to number 12 is a very good sign as they will certainly be somewhere ready for me to find them again imminently if I ever even have an inkling of obviously incorrect thought that M won't have them anymore:rotfl::rotfl:. They 'always' do! (In fact, the only items that I actually deleted:eek: from the list recently, that had not had an offer that had expired, were some Ainsley Harriott soups and some of those have now turned up again! So, if I ever just delete something off, it seems it's bound to be around. The only items I couldn't imagine would have still be around, as all stores for me had gone completely no trace on their shelves and I thought shoppers would have bought them all out! Not the case obviously:rotfl:.)

I've not yet finished the task of moving everything long-lost to post 12 and have still got about the last half of the 'buy in M' list to go through (and I'll probably not get there for at least another week yet). I'm probably moving someone else's items that are regularly in your store and consigning them to the darkness of post 12:rotfl::rotfl: whilst being biased again and keeping items in the main list merely because they are at my regular stores and ones I've happened to visit.

I have the Baylis & Harding Pear and Magnolia gift set still on the main list. This was because quite some stock suddenly appeared at one of my main stores about three weeks ago. (Again, I'd had a more recent period of stockout from all stores I've been in and this time felt it was really the end of the product as it had now gone from many other stores and I wasn't seeing it at all anymore, and for longer than before. Then, it suddenly turned up in droves at my store:rotfl::rotfl:.) It was still there the week before last and still there last week. However, all the stock has vanished now, so I am again no trace:rotfl:. I doubt I will pick it up from somewhere else now (my doubting again...:D). But, really, it's gone from almost everywhere I think (really, Savvy, out of 500 stores?!?:huh:) - I was seeing it across several stores before though, but now periods of nothing at all elsewhere. So, it's still on the main list, but thanks only to it having been in one of my regular stores in the couple of weeks and probably one of the few stores that had still got it.

I think I will be moving that to post 12 relatively soon - as this does seem to have been last time around (I've had about four circulations, lost and back again, and kept it resolutely on the list even during periods of absence as "it's going to be somewhere" but, this time, I'm ready to think it's gone:eek:(surely a mistake?) - though, with other RTC items appearing over a year later, I am sure I will see it again as long as I keep going out to various Ms). I don't really think it is going to be APG anymore (it picked up incorrect twice-as-high price when I tried it in the first place when it was more around - obviously incorrect SELs in the collection stores:( at that time) as I can't see it stands much chance of happening to be in a collection store). I'll move it, I think, to post 12 at the end of next week (if I don't see it in the meantime, as I expect I won't). It's been in one of my regulars extremely recently but now gone from there.

I'm being biased because, otherwise, it would have been on the 'long lost' items and I suspect there are items on post 12 that have regularly been in one store recently. In fact I suspect there are probably lots of different of those post 12 items, each in one different store and still about extremely recently for a number of weeks there. However I'm being biased and have them on post 12 because I've not visited those stores (all of which are miles away from me) and therefore have them on post 12 as I've lost them - and although some of them could have appeared in stores nearer to me but at times and on days on which I did not happen to visit those stores! The Mr Muscle touch up cleaners were other items that appeared in one of my regulars recently (all of a sudden after four or five months of absence from everywhere for me) but have since been absent for several months and I've not had them anywhere else but I bet they have suddenly appeared at some other store miles away across the country, possibly still there or at least more recently (and after their last disappearance from my store). But, if so, I have not come across them now for quite some time.

I don't think I'll find the Scented Candles on Saturday (if I go out) as I think I'll be returning (just purely by chance) to one of the stores from which they vanished for me (in fact happens to be the last remaining store in which I'd seen them before) but who knows if they'll come back again (they probably don't need to "come back", and physically don't do so as they are obviously still continuously somewhere:rotfl:) and I might find them somewhere else.

I can confirm that the Scissors that went onto 40p RTC were still in at least one M as of last week and still showing 40p which I would have expected (though I had not seen them for some time before then and they have disappeared from so many stores for me, but they are still around - so, you'll probably stand a very small chance now, but they are still available somewhere. I don't think one week is going to make much difference to that:rotfl:). And, as well as the Potted Carnation earlier, I've also had a slight change in my view now on the Peace Lily. I had one unit of stock a couple of weeks ago at £1 and everything else £2 stock. However, I've now seen a store where about a third of its stock is the £1 'old' stock, although the other stock is obviously the £2 stock and I'm seeing only £2 stock everywhere else. But... it's more £1 stock than I had last week (or the week before). I think it was Crewe that gave me the £1 stock two weeks ago (not much of it and it won't be there now - the vast majority of the stock was £2) and Wrexham gave me a single plant at £1 at the start of last week:j. I bet that will most likely have gone now too. (If only I had either of the Lobenias at £1, I've lost those completely:rotfl:. Just a single unit of stock please!:D I'm now on to my continuing to search high and low for them at every store:rotfl::rotfl:.) But I now have several £1 Peace Lilies... I can't remember where actually, but somewhere!

I'm still getting Garden Lily meanwhile at £1 (somewhere else:rotfl:) - not at every store but random plants here and there at different stores. I don't think I've seen stock of that at £2 yet so, as far as I know, it is still generally £1 (contrary to the Peace Lily and Carnation that are each generally £2).

Alright, goodnight!:wave:

(Savvy, we've got the Lobenias straight here at our store:D:D! No-one's telling me:rotfl::rotfl:.)
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 August 2016 at 4:03AM
    Options
    Oh! (Surprised.) I already have the Just for Men Auto Medium Brown on my list but had just added it again. £1.75 RTC. I note that it was 39p store specific at M in Stamford (Lincolnshire) but probably gone from there by now (unable to check:rotfl:). Anyway, I'm glad that I did not remove it from the list ever (I've now deleted the duplicate entry that I'd put in a few hours ago) as, of course, it turns out to be still around.

I notice it's now on msm, so I've changed the list to the description from there. I note it is £7 in T:eek: - but I think it will not compare because "they are not going to be in the store where I have it" and also, even if they were, which "they won't be", it is marked RTC on the SEL there and TBG excludes RTC items so they should not take that SEL price. They will be N/A anyway, most likely indeed, as they are not going to have it in three stores. (Albeit, okay, I could have picked half my number of stores and happened still to pick this one, but I don't think that's going to be likely to happen at all. Particularly as I've only ever come across it in four stores(?) over a time of visiting over 100:rotfl:. I lost count ages ago - I don't know whether I actually am over that, but I probably am. It will be more than four stores in total in the country - multiply by 5 to be 500 suggests 20 - but I think it will be, or have been, in more than that because it will have appeared at some stores at times at which I have not visited. But it's most unlikely indeed that anyone picking three stores would happen to hit one that has it, so - they should be N/A anyway due to it being RTC - TBG is most likely indeed not to have a store with it. If it fails through it being in none of the TBG stores, you can't get them to match an RTC price anyway so don't try;).)

You'll notice it's not in italics and it's got "RTC" after the price on the (buy in M incorporating Tvs M) list, so therefore means it is not a buy in T.

This time, really:rotfl:, goodnight!:wave:
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Good Morning...Its looking like a bloomin loverly day...bootiful...I think you are all sleeping...

Good night at bowls last night...Now into the second final...:j:j:j and we are top of one league..

Anyway...I made tea this morning...It's ready when you get up...

Nanny thank you for the afternoon tea and cake yesterday..It was delicious..:kisses3:

Tea up..:coffee::coffee::coffee:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Sky cloudy here today but there are blue bits poking though. Not quite carling today.
    Off to put the kettle on again if anyone wants one.
  • Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning think it is gonna be a lovely day :T....heading towards this promised mini heatwave ;)
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Good morning

friday.jpg?w=300&h=279
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Does Malibu 1L Carribean White Rum with Coconut go down lower than £14? I see it's got £14 as lowest on every side of msm that has a price graph, but I don't trust it. However, it is £14 per litre - but I think it should go lower?

(Those price graphs are definitely sometimes wrong - or maybe I am wrong as it is a bit confusing (for me) as they suggest they show the average price across everywhere on the site in the UK - yet the graphs change depending on which supermarket you are in? They have the Boursin Garlic & Herbs as going down to £1.48 at lowest in M - yet they have come off £1 on several occasions before. They even have it as a savvy buy:eek: now at more expensive! The price graph on the M side of msm does not reflect prices for M over the year at all, as far as I can see.)

It's one of my tipples and £14 for a litre is a pretty good buy. If i x aw it any less than that I would definitely stock up :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure