MoneySaving Poll: Has your energy firm's service been good over winter?

Options
Poll started 21 March 2017

Has your energy firm's service been good over winter?

We’re all about slashing your energy bills (do a five-min comparison) but service counts too. So twice a year we test recent customer service…

Please rate your current supplier’s SERVICE (not price) IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS (try to forget issues from before). If you’ve gas & elec with different firms, rate both.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• XRAT
    XRAT Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think these polls would be somewhat more informative if the questions were a little more descriptive.
    I.E. Is a "great" service one where gas/electricity is supplied without a hitch, where one hasn't had the need to contact the supplier? Or is that merely "Okay"?
    Surely that must be the majority of people's experience.

Or are we so used to stories of poor service that when we get the reasonable service that we pay for, we are grateful for it?
  • --Tony--
    --Tony-- Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2017 at 11:52PM
    Options
    dastep wrote: »
    How long will the government do nothing to help the public while the energy companies rob and rape us for every last penny?

You have to be joking!
    It's the government that is forcing the prices up.

All the "government" green incentives:
    Free cavity wall insulation
    Free loft insulation
    Solar panels
    Free boilers
    Energy efficiency measure

Well...... it's not the government that pays for those measures (I get 2k a year for my solar panels from my energy provider) the energy company's have to pay it .... and guess what ... they pass it onto the customers through higher prices! you and me pay for it through higher bills!

British Gas were fined 11.5 million for not giving enough money away to customers for energy saving measures, they only managed to give away 62% of what they should have.
    And how much are they required to GIVE away
    £1.1bn (over 5 years, thats £1100,000,000.00 and costs every customer £50 a year (2012 figures)).
    Thats £1.1bn more its customers have to pay out on their energy bills!!!!!

That £1.1bn is on top of other things like having to pay owners of solar panels 4x the value of the energy they produce (that's correct I get paid for the energy my solar panels make at a rate of 4x what I pay for energy!)

Then the government have the cheek to stand up and say the energy companies are at fault, no its the government that is at fault!

https://www.centrica.com/news/british-gas-pay-%C2%A311m-charity-late-certcesp-delivery
  • happyinflorida
    Options
    It's amazing how many companies there now are - no wonder there is so much confusion for all of us!

I'm voting for Corbyn as I want all utilities brought back under government ownership so that will stop the price hikes and the charges from being sky high. Many people in the South West are forced to pay an astronomical amount for their water now because of privatisation by the the bl--dy conservatives.
    I just don't want them paid £billions to get it out of their hands though as they got these companies far too cheaply in the first place - again thanks to the con artists in government.
  • tstockford
    tstockford Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    The poll won't let you select more than two suppliers. But I have separate gas and electricity suppliers and I've switched in the past six months, so I wanted to rate my experience of joining and leaving suppliers.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's amazing how many companies there now are - no wonder there is so much confusion for all of us!

I'm voting for Corbyn as I want all utilities brought back under government ownership so that will stop the price hikes and the charges from being sky high. Many people in the South West are forced to pay an astronomical amount for their water now because of privatisation by the the bl--dy conservatives.
    I just don't want them paid £billions to get it out of their hands though as they got these companies far too cheaply in the first place - again thanks to the con artists in government.

People in the South West have had a subsidy for water in recent years. We live in mid Devon and pay £20 a month for water, 2 of us and the cat. ;). We do the local swimming pool a lot, we have an excellent leisure a mile away.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    XRAT wrote: »
    I think these polls would be somewhat more informative if the questions were a little more descriptive.
    I.E. Is a "great" service one where gas/electricity is supplied without a hitch, where one hasn't had the need to contact the supplier? Or is that merely "Okay"?
    Surely that must be the majority of people's experience.

Or are we so used to stories of poor service that when we get the reasonable service that we pay for, we are grateful for it?

I agree completely. We get gas and electricity and part company with money. It goes without a hitch. Does that mean the service is good?
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Erm, not entirely sure where to begin with this one.
    Does MSE ever think through these polls sensibly? It certainly doesn't look like it.

I have not contacted my gas / electric company ... but do receive gas / electricity. Which has been on all year ...

The bills are shocking and not the most informative, but is that bad service? I don't know.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport