Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    LEJC, pleased to hear that the tenants from hell have gone.
    Perranlady wrote: »
    Hi scamps, did you use the coupon in the tesco mag along with the free product coupon?
    Thanks

I used a till split for Hipp with Hipp coupons today:D:D:D
    bcw123 wrote: »
    evening My wife (who is Thai) has just returned home from work and I have had to tell her her King passed away today not a happy household

She must be devastated. x
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Managed to get some cling film today. Thanks to Aau1 x

Ok, I've been really trying to work it out and failing. What is SSC please as I want some 20p cling wrap too!!!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »

What does it mean for Thailand?

We are worried about civil war in Thailand, without the king it is so unstable.
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Ok, I've been really trying to work it out and failing. What is SSC please as I want some 20p cling wrap too!!!

They are in Asda.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Rant alert.

My journey home today took 1 hour and 40 minutes extra, with two road closures. The first one was horrendous, only one sign saying 'no exit' forcing everyone to take the other exit, 20 miles to the next junction, the return road totally closed, one diversion sign.. no others. Driving through the backroads, passed two cars with men with petrol cans, and another road was blocked with a lorry that had been got suck under a bridge (I drove around him on the grass!).

Then closer to home, another road closed. Diversion sign sending people on a 15 mile detour, when there was a detour of about 3 miles... flipping highway agency want sacking.

ps budget blown!
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Rant alert.

My journey home today took 1 hour and 40 minutes extra, with two road closures. The first one was horrendous, only one sign saying 'no exit' forcing everyone to take the other exit, 20 miles to the next junction, the return road totally closed, one diversion sign.. no others. Driving through the backroads, passed two cars with men with petrol cans, and another road was blocked with a lorry that had been got suck under a bridge (I drove around him on the grass!).

Then closer to home, another road closed. Diversion sign sending people on a 15 mile detour, when there was a detour of about 3 miles... flipping highway agency want sacking.

ps budget blown!

Horrible. Good that you're home safe now.

I hate diversions, especially when there are a couple of different ones within a few miles of each other. A memorable one was outside Tamworth, way back when they were building a new access road, all traffic was diverted but then it got muddled up with other diverted traffic and we took over an hour only to end up right back where we'd blooming well started, so the second go of the same diversion saw me pulling over and using a map. Which worked.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    And the best news of the day. :D

DD2 finally got her results letter. :T

Such relief.....

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

Hooray xx
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »

Savvy Couponing and Cashback
    https://www.facebook.com/couponsandcashback
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    The £1 Garnier BB creams are the Original ones and only in the extra light shade, sorry my pic wasn't particularly good yesterday. x

Ah, I got the original and remembered the light bit, but not the extra light. Don't think they had any or I might have remembered lol
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • XxxX_2
    XxxX_2 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    mazworld15 wrote: »
    Corona worked on del today thanks to op

6 items (4 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x Del Monte Quality Pineapple Chunks in Own Juice (227G) £0.75 N/A
    1x Eskimo Ice Cubes (2KG) £1.00 N/A
    1x Kingsmill Medium 50/50 Bread (800G) £0.85 £0.85
    1x ASDA Shades Strong White Kitchen Rolls (2 ROLL) £1.00 £1.32
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 2 Unsmoked Gammon Steaks with Garlic & Herb Butter (400G) £2.50 N/A
    0.32x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Gala Apple (Typically 160g) (PER KG) £0.64 N/A
    1x Veetee Dine In Basmati Rice (280G) £1.00 £1.29
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Soda Water (6X1LT) £1.98 N/A
    1x Warburtons White Sliced Rolls (8 PK) £1.00 N/A
    3x Corona Extra Lager (4X330) £13.50 £5.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Toilet Roll (12ROLL) £1.98 N/A
    1x Diet Coke Cans (15X330) £5.00 N/A
    0.6x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Conference Pear (Typically 0.3kg) (PER KG) £1.20 N/A
    1x Selekt Vodka (70CL) £10.00 N/A
    1x ASDA French Fries (2KG) £2.00 N/A
    1x Big & Fresh 6 Eggs (6PK) £1.00 N/A
    3x Australian Winemakers Choice Chardonnay (75CL) £11.94 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £16.35 £8.46
    +£7.89 cheape
    What time was apg checked please
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are worried about civil war in Thailand, without the king it is so unstable.

They are in Asda.

Thank you! Will go looking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family