MoneySaving Poll: Should Scotland be an independent country?

Options

Comments

• Johnnietabby
    Options
    I have no objection to the Scottish people having a vote but only once we leave the EU. After all we joined as one country and should leave as one country. No ifs no buts. It is clear under EU regulations that one country should leave the EU IT cannot split the nation so that part of it can remain.
    So good luck to the Scottish people after brexit
  • bobfalfa
    bobfalfa Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How come its always if Scotland wants to leave and not if the UK wants Scotland? The UK and England in particular is worse off in the deal. Scotland gets a lot from being part of the UK. Personally if they think they can do so well on their own then they should be let go. Europe has already told Scotland that they would be at the back of a very long queue if they wanted to join EU
    As of yesterday I would not be so sure....It's painfully obvious that looking at the Seig Mail,Daily Excess and Torygraph and Order Order what you think of us
    Yes, let them vote again, things have changed. If you're leaving I want to come with you.
    You would be most welcome.most English(I make an assumption) who settled voted for independence( I think the figure was circa 90%) in 2014, as did others from other countries
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I couldn't care really TBH but swayed in favour of YES.

Either way, it will hopefully stop Nicola Sturgeon bleating on about it every second of the day.
  • movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    England/Wales/NI should have its own referendum whether they want Scotland to be part of UK exactly 7 days before Scottish referendum.

However, the crankie can choose which option to agree with.

1. Scotland remains or leaves union based on BOTH what rUK says and Scotland says (i.e. if rUK says Remain and Scotland says Out then Scotland stays in union)

2. Scotland remains or leaves union based on EITHER of what rUK says and Scotland says (i.e. Scotland is OUT if rUK says Out and Scotland says Remain).
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
  • bobfalfa
    Options
    You would bleat IF YOU were constantly lied to,
    Cameron should have kept his word , as should have May

BTW have you ever heard NS speak?

There is one on you tube at the LSE
  • bobfalfa
    Options
    I was brought up to show respect
    movilogo and you come out with pish.

BTW the Krankies are both Tories
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bobfalfa wrote: »
    I was brought up to show respect
    movilogo and you come out with pish.

BTW the Krankies are both Tories

Boom! boom!
  • Dave1979
    Dave1979 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    How come its always if Scotland wants to leave and not if the UK wants Scotland? The UK and England in particular is worse off in the deal. Scotland gets a lot from being part of the UK. Personally if they think they can do so well on their own then they should be let go. Europe has already told Scotland that they would be at the back of a very long queue if they wanted to join EU

There is no queue! You apply and if you meet the conditions you get in. Scotland, as part of the UK, already meets all of these. The idea at the moment is to join the EEA until a central bank is set up that complies with Euro entry. Although taking the Euro is not mandatory - Sweden doesn't look like it will ever join.
  • JBR*
    JBR* Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I'm English and live in England, yet I voted in favour of Scottish independence.

I'm sick of hearing the whingeing fish woman and her SNP lackeys, so I'd be very happy to see Scotland become independent from the UK.

It would save England a lot of money and, best of all, it would result in the fish woman being lynched by her countrymen when it becomes apparent that they'll be bankrupt withing a few years!
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    Options
    ...and now we've got another annoying made up word "indyref2" to drive us bonkers over the next few years...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure