PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Saturday 15 October

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 October 2016 at 2:32PM
    Options
    Afternoon, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) of you need one.

Washing ready to go out when I got up, used the timer, my daughter will give me what for if she finds out!!

The washing has hung on the line limply all morning, just after lunch the sun came out briefly and a slight breeze. I will be going out shortly to bring it in and drape it over the airer. It will go in the sitting room tonight when we go to bed, it will finish off in the warmth from the fire as it dies down.

Heard from the heating installers, there was a question about where the rad was to go in the sitting room. I wanted it to go where they were taking the storage radiator out. Surveyor was not quite sure if the space was going to be big enough. If it had to go under the window I would have to get the curtains shortened. Really did not want to do that, I will not have to there is just enough room for it by the door, hooray!!

Mince and dough balls for supper, yesterdays supper was an epic fail, I had no fish, we ended up having beef stew from the freezer with mash and peas.

Lainey, I am pleased you Mum has accepted what happened, thats no reason though for the matter to be swept under the carpet, someone needs to take responsibility. I hope you get a satisfactory response.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am having a nice quiet day but will pop out later for chicken, potatoes and veg for tomorrow as two dds are coming round.

Just had a phone call from middle dd who will come round around five tonight , have a snack and then go out for drinks with friends then stay here overnight. :j I have her laundry dried and folded for her and have a washing load for me on the line outside as well as some on a couple of airers.

Might ask her to help me assemble the dri buddy I bought and then there won;t be lots of wet washing hanging around.

The book people are having a sale so I had a happy half hour ordering four pretty mugs, a bright blue glass worktop saver, a Mary Berry oven glove, pretty blue coffee tin and a set of grow your own herbs pots for the kitchen window sill. Even though it was a bargain I feel quite extravagant ;)

Lainey

I am glad your mum is feeling more positive but so sorry for the news being broken in such a way, or at all.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    Lainey

I am glad your mum is feeling more positive but so sorry for the news being broken in such a way, or at all.
    Very well said; I was miffed at being told over the phone, while I was shopping in Mr T's, back in 2003, that I had lupus - but what Lainey's Mum has been put through absolutely takes the biscuit! And at the end of the day, the Doctors can't say for definite; it can really only be their best guess based on the information available.

I'm afraid I've had another bleurgh day; if I'd known just how badly Gabapentin was going to mess me up, I'd never have agreed to try it. :mad: From what I can gather, it gets out of the system fairly swiftly, but then you have at least a couple of weeks of suffering as the pain sets back in at full strength, and the brain tries to sort of "re-set" itself having been mucked about with by the Gaba.

Still, we had a lovely walk with Jack in the October sunshine this afternoon, past the petanque piste and on to the Roman ruins; and he made friends with two little Pugs we met.

It'll be Jack's dinner time shortly; he's on Thyforon for an underactive thyroid, so his meals are exactly 12 hours apart (he has his tablet in his food) so that his meds are administered at the right time to keep him balanced.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LW

Is there nothing like a tens machine (on loan) or heat wraps or anything that would lessen the pain?

I feel lucky that my painful knees have responded to fish oil capsules, vitD3, turmeric capsules and a pain relieving gel now and again. If I can shift some more weight then that should help even more.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Late post tonight from me, been a sad, inactive kind of day, thinking of my beloved father, who left us 22 years ago, still miss him so much.

Love to all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills