The one that got away.

I have won lots of great things, but the one that got away and which I always remember was a Lulu Guinness bag. It was in 2012. I really would love a LG bag, I entered and of course didn't win. Probably wouldn't be such a memory if the person who did win wrote that they had won, and would Ebay it!

That is my one that got away. Anyone else?

Comments

• I entered a comp recently where I was one of sixty entrants and there were ten prizes, a prize I have been trying to win for ages. I didn't win and the odds mean I consider it the one that got away. A few years ago I won an amazing prize in a worldwide competition where there were over 100,000 entrants so I can live with it :D
    :D
  • 99.9% of the prizes I enter for get away. :rotfl:
  • My one that got away was a Taylor Swift Wonderstruck* perfume (don't judge!).

I'd had a freebie sample and really liked it. It came up across all the mag dailies with at least five to give away. I thought, if I enter this everyday, I stand a good chance. So, that was my first foray into the mag dailies and I entered every single one, every day. I didn't win. I later bought the perfume on sale for £19 as a treat and it is still sitting on my dresser. It's not that great and not long lasting but I got it in the end...with my own money. :)

*Might be Wanderlust or some rubbish like that...I don't even care now.
  • Every Nutribullet gets away from me :( I'm desperate for one!
    I just enter and forget...hoping to win something! :)
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The one that got away for me has to be an effort comp I entered. There were just two entries and I lost :(
  • gizmobenny
    gizmobenny Posts: 1,490 Forumite
    The BAFTA goody bags get away every year..... I'm still trying hard :)
  • Well, all the TV's have got away from me and i've had to buy one.

I bet you i win a TV soon lol
  • gizmobenny wrote: »
    The BAFTA goody bags get away every year..... I'm still trying hard :)

Heads up, gizmo.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=67555286&postcount=29
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family