Car has been switched off and can't get a response

Options
2»

Comments

• bargainbetty
    bargainbetty Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Go back and read your paperwork. These trackers are always detailed in agreements when they are installed, and attempts to remove them are usually met with fairly abrupt contract terms regarding seizure of the vehicle pending sale to settle outstanding loans etc. You are responsible for reading the contracts you sign.

This is how they can afford to offer car finance to those with less than perfect credit history - the debt is literally secured on the vehicle. If you don't pay, you don't drive.

I'm sorry, but you have no right to name and shame' them - they are entirely within the contractual rights to refuse to accept a payment plan on your terms, and if you have repeatedly failed to make payments, then they have the right to leave the car shut off.

As for threatening them, I would have laughed too. You have nothing to threaten them with. Ask about terms for returning the vehicle and cancelling the agreement, but that's about all you can do.

I know I sound harsh, and I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings, but you need to deal with the problem within the terms of the agreement - they don't have to do anything for your convenience!

I wish you the very best of luck resolving it.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
  • bbk87
    bbk87 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    Did you read your agreement before you signed it?

It would have said it in there about the tracker being fitted.
    Aqua £160.00 / EE £289.60
    Total debt = £449.60
  • Rossim1985
    Options
    fionau1125 wrote: »

Anyway, my payments are £320 per month
    :eek::eek::eek:

Wow that's so much money per month! Especially for someone already in financial trouble.

Honestly you could buy a car for less than one monthly payment from Autotrader. Even just one or two months worth of payments will get you something reasonably reliable with a years MOT. Check the bangernomics thread in the motoring section. Honestly it's madness paying that much each month and that's without fuel, tax, insurance and everything else you need to run a car.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting..could you upload a pic of said device please?
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,306 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    These say they don't have key pads and may be relevant: http://www.globaltelemetrics.eu/vtsim/

Don't you have a copy of the paperwork you signed? Is the immobiliser mentioned or not?
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Hi, firstly I am sorry to hear of this but yes this is why these companies are able to those with less than perfect credit scores and it seems why there is also such a huge amount for the monthly payments.

I know you both had jobs when you got this but it does seem like a very large amount of money. Only 2 months and you could get yourself a little run around. Perhaps speak to them and see if you can hand back the car?

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OP seems to have real bad luck with car finance :eek:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4104013&highlight=
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,885 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,
    These kind of immobilizers are fairly easy to remove, although doing so could cause you more problems, but if you know a friendly mechanic, its a simple job to remove.

More importantly in your job situation, i dont think you should be paying out £320 a month for a car, i would look into returning the vehicle, if it was me.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure