Petition Maintenance Payments Guidelines by Child Maintenance Service need reviewing

Options
The system needs reviewing, it makes a mockery of single parent Mums and Dads trying to make ends meet. I have 3 children, my ex left me for another women 2.5 years ago. He earns £27000 with performance related pay on top of this, and only has to give me £33 per child per week. His new wife to be, works full time, they have no other children. I am a Nurse, I work 31 hours a week and earn around £10,000 a year and some benefits, every penny I get is spent on my children and I do not begrudge it. There are 1000s of others in similar situations, lets see if we can make change happen.

Petiton to be sent to Caroline Nokes Minister for Welfare Delivery

Here is the link and Thank you

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/maintenance-payments-enforced-by-cms-should-be-reviewed?source=facebook-share-button&time=1493898729

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    louised wrote: »
    The system needs reviewing, it makes a mockery of single parent Mums and Dads trying to make ends meet. I have 3 children, my ex left me for another women 2.5 years ago. He earns £27000 with performance related pay on top of this, and only has to give me £33 per child per week. His new wife to be, works full time, they have no other children. I am a Nurse, I work 31 hours a week and earn around £10,000 a year and some benefits, every penny I get is spent on my children and I do not begrudge it. There are 1000s of others in similar situations, lets see if we can make change happen.

Petiton to be sent to Caroline Nokes Minister for Welfare Delivery

Here is the link and Thank you

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/maintenance-payments-enforced-by-cms-should-be-reviewed?source=facebook-share-button&time=1493898729

This Petition has been disabled because of inappropriate content.

• Sambella
    Sambella Posts: 417 Forumite
    I've helped Parliament
    Options
    So he pays £99 per week which works out at approx £430 per month?

What do you think he should pay?

What his wife earns is neither here or there as if you married a millionaire tomorrow he still has to pay £99 per week unless his income drops or has more kids.

You should be on around £12,000 if you are paid minimum wage. Tax credits, child tax credits and family allowance plus 70% of childcare costs met. Maintenance is on top of all this.

He will also pay a lot more tax and NI than you do.

Thwre are many many single parents out there who get £0.00. I'd rather the system got money to more single parents rather than have men pay what the women think they should pay as whatever they pay seems to never be enough for many.

Of course he should pay something but there has to be sensible limits especially for those on NRP's on lower incomes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure