PO Box 7558,
Derby,
DE1 0NQ

or

Text WINNER to 82248

or

Call 0906 878 2248

or

Premium charged online entry here - requires PayPal or Direct to Mobile Billing.

Link to Full T&Cs
Prize Draw closes for entries via PRTS, SMS and online at 3.00 p.m. on Friday 14 July 2017.

Prize Draw closes for entries via post at 5.00 p.m. on Thursday 20 July 2017.

Entry Limits
15 Paid PRTS entries per phone number
15 Paid SMS entries per phone number
15 Paid Online entries via Paypal per phone number
15 Paid Online entries via Direct to Mobile Billing per phone number
Unlimited Postal entries

If ITV have reason to believe that an individual entrant to their competitions or prize draws has made 30 or more entries using different phone numbers from any one entry platform then the Promoter will treat this as an attempt to unfairly influence the competition or prize draw and all entries submitted by that entrant will be discounted.

The winner must be a UK resident aged 18 years or over at the time of entering the competition, and may be required to confirm proof of age and eligibility.

Each call costs £2, plus your network access charge.

Text entries costs £2 plus one standard network rate message. If you do not want to receive SMS marketing texts about similar products and services, please add NO INFO at the end of your SMS text entry.

A single online entry costs £2 plus any standard network rate message where applicable. Paid and free entry bundles may be offered from time to time as stated on the website.

In the case of multiple entries received in an envelope or postcard, only one entry will be entered into the Prize Draw. Sufficient postage must be paid – any entries without sufficient postage will be discounted.

Comments

• rwgray
    rwgray Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The "Up to 15 paid entries per phone number" applies to phone, text and online entries here:

"PRTS Phone - up to fifteen (15) paid entries per phone number... SMS text – up to fifteen (15) paid entries per phone number... Paypal entries: up to fifteen 15 paid entries per phone number provided... Post – " no limit specified here but can we assume 29 in total as per general T&Cs?

So you'd need to be using two different phone numbers per entry method including two different phone numbers for postal entries in order to get the full 29 postal entries. Which is unexpected.

Rich.x
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,934 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's really a limit per person per entry route as use of more than one number per entry route can result in all the entries being discarded under the "Manipulation of services" part of the general T&Cs.

7.2.3 there has been any activity which the Promoter and the producers of the programme consider is designed to unfairly influence the interactive service and/or provide an unfair advantage to the voter or entrant including without limitation use of automated or semi-automated calling technology (such as auto-diallers) or other automated technology; or the making or disguising of multiple entries or votes by an individual entrant using multiple different phone numbers (or other details on which limits on number of entries or votes are based).

7.3 If we have reason to believe that an individual entrant to our competitions or prize draws has made 30 or more entries (or such other level as set out in the interaction information) using different phone numbers (or other details on which limits on number of entries are based) from any one entry platform then the Promoter will treat this as an attempt to unfairly influence the
  • rwgray
    Options
    rwgray wrote: »
    So you'd need to be using two different phone numbers per entry method including two different phone numbers for postal entries in order to get the full 29 postal entries.

The more I read the T&Cs the more I change my mind as to what they are intending. For ITV comps it appears you can use one telephone number for all 29 entries by post, as these are not "paid" entries and not subject to the 15 limit per phone number per route. Which could be made a bit clearer... I've been using two numbers as a precaution, then sticking to both limits just in case!

Rich.x
  • Painkiller
    Painkiller Posts: 6,146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rwgray wrote: »
    The more I read the T&Cs the more I change my mind as to what they are intending. For ITV comps it appears you can use one telephone number for all 29 entries by post, as these are not "paid" entries and not subject to the 15 limit per phone number per route. Which could be made a bit clearer... I've been using two numbers as a precaution, then sticking to both limits just in case!

Rich.x

After emailing ITV over the last few days, it looks like you can use 1 number to make 15 paid entries by phone, 15 paid entries by text, 15 paid online entries via paypal, 15 paid online entries via direct to mobile billing and unlimited postal entries. For some reason they don't mention that postal entries are unlimited in the T&Cs or on the entry page so unless you've asked someone at ITV, I'm not sure how you'd find that out.

Using 2 numbers to get 30 or more entries via any entry route would not be allowed.

I've changed how the entry limits are displayed in my T&C sections.
  • rwgray
    Options
    Painkiller wrote: »
    After emailing ITV over the last few days ... unlimited postal entries. ... Using 2 numbers to get 30 or more entries via any entry route would not be allowed.

They appeared to have changed T&Cs for subsequent comps to make it clearer that the rules about using extra phone numbers to get more entries applies to the PAID entry routes. While not explicitly stating that this does not apply to the postal route as an "unpaid" route, the fact that they do now say "unlimited postal entries" in some cases, read in conjunction with "paid entries" for the 29 limit, does suggest that postal entries can be made with one telephone number for as many entries as you wish.

Still blooming ambiguous though...!

Rich.x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family