Credit file confusion

Options
Just a query

Imy husband and I are 3years discharged from BR and have started to get our credit files in tact

We were BR due to a NR mortgage and negative equity

We completed the clean up process and with equifax our files show all green and settled balances however we have looked at Experian after being declined for a bank account still ( despite having credit cards and catalogues and a mobile phone credit agreements authorised ) and joint earnings of over £70k:mad: and found that all the accounts we had in our BR are showing as red with partial settlement but balances assigned to them and this accounts for £70k with of debt on our report

My question is does anyone know why one shows clear and the other not and does this impact us and should we write to the companies again to get them to update to the same as exquifax? :cool:

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    There are 3 cedit agencies (equifax, experian and call credit).
    If you have done the clean up directly with the credit agency then you need to do it with all of them individually.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure