Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    Hi! Dallam and welcome to the bestest cardmaking forum ever! That's me over on your blog, just left you a comment.

Marg, my entry for your challenge is over on the glob and I'll pop back later and catch up with everyone.

I'm getting ready for a large tea party this afternoon and I've made a cake and not dived into it yet.:D Thank you flourgirl, I used your recipe for Apple Cake from over on CP. I've had strict instructions from OH that I'm to bring it back home after, he'll be waiting at the door with the custard in his hand.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• dallam20
    dallam20 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Addams wrote: »
    PONR - I know its a shame some of it needs to be spent on the roof, but at least I have some for stash.

Dallam - Welcome, your card is lovely, I am also a follower now too.

I was speaking to someone yesterday about cardmaking and they said 'it must save you a fortune!' Well I just burst out laughing, because I spend more on cards now than I ever did before!

Anyone who says that hasn't seen the amount of stuff in my craft room!! :rotfl:

Dawn x
  • Georgiegirl2012
    Options
    betterlife wrote: »
    melissa, your be fine, im sure, the older ones will want to help by passing you nappies when doing changes etc, i always find the youngest seems to grow up slightly and become a bit more independant when a new baby comes along. its hard because you need to get that happy medium between not leaving them out completely but also showing them that the baby needs mummys attention aswell. ive always bought a little present for mine for the birth day so the new baby can give there siblings presents. another thing which has probably helped me is ive had all mine at home, so ive not been gone for a day or so. im so sure you will be fine though , and you have a girl to look forward too, all those pink and frill dresses after having boys, you will love it :)

georgiegirl could you please email your card to me,as my comp wont let me open your blog it just keeps closing down for some reason? thanks xx

Done - although my pc seems to have been playing up a bit as well maybe there is something in the crafty air
    dallam20 wrote: »
    Hi all,

thanks for everyones kind comments and the welcome. Working my way through a few of your BLOGs and following them now. :)
    Don't think I'll have time to read back through the whole of this thread but will try a few pages and certainly keep up from now on.

Flourgirl love the wedding invites :j

I've entered my first challenge today over on Lili of the Valley
    and if you want to see my entry it's here

Dawn x

Another follower here - all your cards are lovely, and I love the LOTV challenge card.
    viclspence wrote: »
    Well after my 2 day extended birthday celebrations I decided yesterday that I really wanted the Create and Craft pick of the week, ended up spending £60 on it with adding the bits on too, but its on flexi pay and looks SOOOO cute!

Can't say as I blame you - it's a very gorgeous kit but I'm resisting.

Hmm, thought I'd quoted Melissa75 as well, but seems i didn't, unless there is a limit on quoted folks - Fortunately, the legoman digi is available from one of our own.
  • betterlife
    Options
    thanks georgiegirl got email :) fantastic legoman card, i will blog it later, must have a go for my sons bday he loves lego.
    another follower here Dallam20 :)
    mellisa75 will pm you :)
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Can anyone tell me which card it is that they are always advertising on Create and Craft please? I need some more card, i usually use Rymans smooth but i can't get to one until the week after next, so need some asap or can anyone recommend some i need it to use with promarkers?

Also is the Create and Craft Club worth it? I am thinking about joining it and am soooooo tempted by the pick of the week!

And last thing :rotfl:Would one of you more experienced ladies take a look at a card i have done? (i can't post it on my bl*g yet as it is a DT card) I'm not sure about it and can't put my finger on whats wrong with it and to make things worse it has to be uploaded tonight!

Hope everyone is well
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    kms26 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Can anyone tell me which card it is that they are always advertising on Create and Craft please? I need some more card, i usually use Rymans smooth but i can't get to one until the week after next, so need some asap or can anyone recommend some i need it to use with promarkers?

Also is the Create and Craft Club worth it? I am thinking about joining it and am soooooo tempted by the pick of the week!

And last thing :rotfl:Would one of you more experienced ladies take a look at a card i have done? (i can't post it on my bl*g yet as it is a DT card) I'm not sure about it and can't put my finger on whats wrong with it and to make things worse it has to be uploaded tonight!

Hope everyone is well

I've been using the create and craft card from wilko's but I know a couple of ladies have said their latest packs weren't so good I haven't had to buy any for a while.
    if you want to send me the card I will have a look for you pm me if you haven't got my email.
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok

Flourgirl that was a lovely bonus but you deserve it

hugs to all
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Dragonllew, i have emailed you

I have used Wilkos card a few time but it seemed a bit grainy IYKWIM
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK, own up, who stole the last few days :rotfl:

I don't know where this week has gone, had an opticians appt, DH has had two hospital appts in the last week. His radiotherapy consultant said it went OK and wants to see him 4 months. His haemotology consultant said radiotherapy went according to plan and wants to see him in 2 months. Again no guarantees, a reminder that it is not curable and he hopes the latest treatment brings about a longer lasting remission. DH is taking a while to get back to normal after the radiotherapy and doesn't seem to have bounced back like he did with his chemo and his bone marrow transplant. Fingers crossed he gets back to normal soon.

Again I'm so far behind I haven't managed to catch up on all the pages but I did notice
    Tomsmum [/B]- I take it no package from me still? I'm going to put in yet another complaint - I bet the cheeky so n so's send me more postage stamps! Just wish they'd sort out the sorting office as it would appear that the problem lies there!

Sorry to snip you. No WBR, no package has arrived. What must be going on at your sorting office for this to keep happening? Sounds like they know they have a problem there. It must be really annoying for you and everyone else having post going missing. The only time we've ever had anything not turn up before is when it's been sent to the old address and the new owners haven't given it to us and we live about 6 steps from their back gate!
    flourgirl wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I got paid today for the Wedding Invites and the lady was soooo pleased I got a £20 tip!!!! Whooo Hooo!!! feel a little spend coming on now :)

Sorry, snipped again. Well done Flourgirl, they must have been very happy with your invites (and seeing your cards in the flesh I know how beautifully made they are).

I see lots of new names so welcome to all newbies.

Well done winners :T

I've lost my motivation lately, not made a card since the Christmas ones. Really must get botty in gear soon with the family birthdays coming up.

Hope you're all well. Big hugs. I'll try and keep up a bit better this week :o.
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    kms I use the Neenah card from C & C or Crafters Companion or Craftwork Cards Digital Paper which I prefer for printing background papers. Either aren't bad for Promarkers

The Hunkydory POW is gorgeous but I only bought the dog one as I have lots of doggie friends and I also bought the stamps which look brilliant. There's an awful lot in this kit. I also put in heavy stuff to warrant their hefty postage. I've been a member for some time now and get some good ideas from them. If you do decide to get the POW save a couple of the programs on sky for checking back on. The colours are gorgeous.

Right, Wifey, get yer 'at on and go tea party!
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure