Half a house

Options

Comments

• Silence101
    Silence101 Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The rent account is looking healthy, but rent due out tomorrow so won't be quite so good. Waiting for solicitors to invoice us for the necessary searches, as I understand that they won't start them until we've paid them.
    Not quite convinced we'll be ready by the 28 day deadline, but it shouldn't be too long after. (Hopefully!)
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Great news! I hope it all goes smoothly for you!
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Silence101
    Options
    Jessy103 wrote: »
    Great news! I hope it all goes smoothly for you!
    Thanks! It hasn't quite sunk in yet, maybe by the time we can exchange :rotfl:

Paid the searches fee, and the solicitors have received the HAs contracts, so it should all be going forward now.
  • Silence101
    Options
    TT £2 to rent account. The search fees and rent have come out so we need to build it up again. Obviously my tiny amounts don't really manage to cover the costs of moving, but it does add up to cover smaller costs that we're probably forgetting (we've only just remember that we need to get the oven cleaned professionally before we move out).
  • Silence101
    Options
    Expensive day out planned for today, but we're taking a packed lunch to keep the cost as low as possible. MiniMe2 had a fever yesterday, but seems a lot better after a night's sleep. We'll take the buggy in case she wants to sleep during the day.
  • Silence101
    Options
    DH and I have been chatting about flooring for the new place. I think we've decided on vinyl in the living room, but with a strip of carpet where the sofa/TV will be. The living room is just a bit too big to find wide enough vinyl, so by having the carpeted area we should be able to get easily available vinyl, instead of paying a premium for a wider bit.
    I'm thinking a pale whitish wood look, as we have a lot of furniture and I want the room to look as big and bright as possible.
  • Silence101
    Options
    Transferred £5 to rent account, meaning I've been able to send over £120 since August. I don't know how likely I can keep that up, especially with potential new school uniforms needed, but whatever I can save now will make it easier to get through the next 2 months.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Exciting to have a new home soon.
  • Silence101
    Options
    Exciting to have a new home soon.
    Yes! We're waiting for news from the solicitors, but so far so good.
  • Silence101
    Options
    Tt £5.16 this morning. I spent more than planned yesterday, so I need to be careful the rest of the month. It would be a pity if I needed to transfer back some of the money from savings.
    As we've only ever rented before, we're now learning that DH and I have different tastes in decor. I was looking at some vinyl designs for the hallway, and the ones I liked, DH really didn't. I'm hoping we can go with something more patterned, as we're keeping all the other rooms plain. (And patterns may help hide the dirt from shoes and the buggy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure