Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    • 29,692Posts
    • 45,315Thanks
    savvy
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)
    • 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3) 4th Aug 09 at 11:21 AM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, and the second thread - Part 2 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 84
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 5:32 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Nooo you are not going mad, I am forever doing it!! ... I don't know if people will mind or not, I keep editing posts where I have scrubbed out Rainmacs name, Choccys name and BunBuns!! ...

As for Jammys challenge I hope it is an ebay one again ... My little Ebay empire has been doing so well

Right I have stamped every image on a piece of card so I am about to list them now! ... fingers crossed! ....

Rainmac the image on the 2 new cards is one of the gorjuss girls from funkykits! I secretely ordered them last week I am in the process of doing you some new stamps so no buying as they are on the list
    Originally posted by RustyFlange
    You're too lovely x

I may be up for another ebay/moneymaking challenge as I am just realising how closed christmas is and I haven't started with anything really
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
  • furrypig
    Nooo you are not going mad, I am forever doing it!! ... I don't know if people will mind or not, I keep editing posts where I have scrubbed out Rainmacs name, Choccys name and BunBuns!! ...

As for Jammys challenge I hope it is an ebay one again ... My little Ebay empire has been doing so well

Right I have stamped every image on a piece of card so I am about to list them now! ... fingers crossed! ....

Rainmac the image on the 2 new cards is one of the gorjuss girls from funkykits! I secretely ordered them last week I am in the process of doing you some new stamps so no buying as they are on the list
    Ooh good luck with ebay and I am happy for you to call me anything, well almost!!You will always be Rusty to me! (Do you have red hair?? DD does and I think the nickname rusty would really suit her as it is such a good one! Might leave off the flange bit as would laugh too much calling her that! Sorry, I am easily amused)

it is an ebay challenge so you are in luck your empire can continue to grow, who are u on there I have forgotten I think u told me before??!!Maybe you could advertise your stamped images for sale on Craftyplace as I am sure you will get lots of takers there as well. Or what about on your blog?? Then no fees to pay.

Anyway DD has come into rooma and said she thought I was gonna do housework that i had to do an hour ago and I am still surfing so off to do something now!!

Have a good trip Skiergirl xxx
  • RustyFlange
    Ooh good luck with ebay and I am happy for you to call me anything, well almost!!You will always be Rusty to me! (Do you have red hair?? DD does and I think the nickname rusty would really suit her as it is such a good one! Might leave off the flange bit as would laugh too much calling her that! Sorry, I am easily amused)

it is an ebay challenge so you are in luck your empire can continue to grow, who are u on there I have forgotten I think u told me before??!!Maybe you could advertise your stamped images for sale on Craftyplace as I am sure you will get lots of takers there as well. Or what about on your blog?? Then no fees to pay.

Anyway DD has come into rooma and said she thought I was gonna do housework that i had to do an hour ago and I am still surfing so off to do something now!!

Have a good trip Skiergirl xxx
    Originally posted by furrypig
    Aww I wish I had red hair!! ... OH can get quite ginger and when DD was born the first thing I said when I saw her was Oh no she hasn't got red hair!! lol my mum will never let me live that down!
    Just to add I would never charge people off here for stamped images. I will happily send them to anyone that wants them lol ... I aint that evil, I am just trying to make a few pennies. They are listed now so fingers crossed I will sell some, but then I am also hoping I don't get loads on one night

My ebay is here Furry http://shop.ebay.co.uk/tiers4rears/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

My random items of selling but hey they bring in loads of money for me £233 worth of sales in the last 30 days
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • paddingtondoo
    Thanks for the links Melissa - found nutcrackers last night but didn't order - have ordered 2 buddy bears this afternoon .

Who's been sending me virtual charms vibes???? Was looking at them this morning before they were even mentioned on here - weird .

New bears haven't arrived yet - OH will be here when postie comes in the morning blast!!
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 6:17 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    New bears haven't arrived yet - OH will be here when postie comes in the morning blast!!
    Originally posted by paddingtondoo
    I'm thinking the same, have ordered a few 'bits' this week and have some still to come and hope that if they arrive tomorrow it is before OH gets back from Glasgow
    • jamtart6
    • By jamtart6 28th Aug 09, 6:21 PM
    • 8,650 Posts
    • 25,443 Thanks
    jamtart6
    Rusty - especially for you and the other people who want to join...the Thrifty Gifty Money Making Challenge Part 2.
    Last edited by jamtart6; 28-08-2009 at 6:25 PM.

Being Thrifty Gifty again this year

• rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 6:22 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Aww I wish I had red hair!! ... OH can get quite ginger and when DD was born the first thing I said when I saw her was Oh no she hasn't got red hair!! lol my mum will never let me live that down!
    Just to add I would never charge people off here for stamped images. I will happily send them to anyone that wants them lol ... I aint that evil, I am just trying to make a few pennies. They are listed now so fingers crossed I will sell some, but then I am also hoping I don't get loads on one night

My ebay is here Furry http://shop.ebay.co.uk/tiers4rears/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

My random items of selling but hey they bring in loads of money for me £233 worth of sales in the last 30 days
    £233, massive well done you

I got some news today from the lady I make wedding cards for that she is folding her business to spend more time with her children. That in itself is obviously great news but it means no more card making for me . To be honest, the last few orders I've done I really haven't enjoyed so maybe it's good all ways round. Need to make money in other ways, need to get my thinking cap on for the Xmas craft fairs and eBay here I come...
  • cgcockcroft
    rainmac your card is now ready to post, but forgot to take a pic, could you take one for me please?
    thank you
    x
    • jamtart6
    • By jamtart6 28th Aug 09, 6:25 PM
    • 8,650 Posts
    • 25,443 Thanks
    jamtart6
    £233, massive well done you

I got some news today from the lady I make wedding cards for that she is folding her business to spend more time with her children. That in itself is obviously great news but it means no more card making for me . To be honest, the last few orders I've done I really haven't enjoyed so maybe it's good all ways round. Need to make money in other ways, need to get my thinking cap on for the Xmas craft fairs and eBay here I come...
    Originally posted by rainmac
    Ooh that's bad news Rainmac could you find someone else who you might want to do them for ? I'm also thinking of ways to make money through crafts and thinking is as far as I've got

Being Thrifty Gifty again this year

• melissa75
    Skiergirl - hope you have a fab weekend!

Rusty - you should make a few quid selling them on ebay - sounds like a fab idea, Is it still free to list on there or has it ran out - I could do with selling some bits myself?
  • chocolate.orange
    I am home..

Thankyou everyone for your well wishes.. Im VERY achey and have abit of a headache with anesthetic. Ive read the threads today but cant remember half of what ive read a job for tomorrow i think

I really want to stamp my new magnolias, but not sure i will be able to one hand stamp :confused: I still might try later ... What a great day for them to arrive, just when i needed cheering up ... The naughty spendy elf bought me a lovely set of nesties this morning... I was 5 minutes late for hospital ( had to be there at 11.30 ) Serves me right for ringing telling Rusty to go track down her postman

Furrypig. Thankyou for the beautiful card that arrived this morning too xx

Right off to put my feet up xx
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..
  • melissa75
    Sounds like the spending elves have been working on overdrive today - I've just pre-ordered 12 of the new promarkers from here for 20.82 - the promarkers are 1.60 each, and postage was 1.62!!!
    http://www.secretcrafter.co.uk/index.php?page=4&act=viewCat&catId=70

choccy - hope you recover soon.
  • RustyFlange
    Oooooh Jammy I am sooooo into that challenge ... I shall post on the other thread thankyou so much xxx

Choccy lovely to have you back xxxxx

Rainmac thats not good news for you. I reckon ebay could be your best bet? and some more craft fayres? did you make a lot at your craft fair? (sorry for being nosey)

Skiergirl I managed to miss your post - Have a lovely time!

Melissa I am tempted ... if they did free delivery I would order a couple every week but its the paying of postage which is putting me off ... I might wait til they come out.
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 6:43 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Ooh that's bad news Rainmac could you find someone else who you might want to do them for ? I'm also thinking of ways to make money through crafts and thinking is as far as I've got
    Originally posted by jamtart6
    For now I think I am going to invest my time making my own stuff for presents and to sell for Xmas fairs and to have a little bit of time off as things have been hectic over the last few months to say the least.

Choccy, great to see you back home, rest up and admire your newly aquired stamps.

I am a bad person, I've caved in and ordered some of those uber cute houses from Craftwork Cards My excuse is... I needed to buy them to help me forget the awful pain that is in my mouth where my tooth used to be...
  • RustyFlange
    For now I think I am going to invest my time making my own stuff for presents and to sell for Xmas fairs and to have a little bit of time off as things have been hectic over the last few months to say the least.

Choccy, great to see you back home, rest up and admire your newly aquired stamps.

I am a bad person, I've caved in and ordered some of those uber cute houses from Craftwork Cards My excuse is... I needed to buy them to help me forget the awful pain that is in my mouth where my tooth used to be...
    Originally posted by rainmac

Which ones did you order?? the biggies or the smallies?? can I be cheeky and ask you to take a photo next to something when you get them so I can see the size please hope you are feeling better sooon xxx
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 6:49 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Oooooh Jammy I am sooooo into that challenge ... I shall post on the other thread thankyou so much xxx

Choccy lovely to have you back xxxxx

Rainmac thats not good news for you. I reckon ebay could be your best bet? and some more craft fayres? did you make a lot at your craft fair? (sorry for being nosey)

Skiergirl I managed to miss your post - Have a lovely time!

Melissa I am tempted ... if they did free delivery I would order a couple every week but its the paying of postage which is putting me off ... I might wait til they come out.
    Not nosey, just interested :rolleyes: I 'recycled' my nappy cakes for the florist and the rest of what's left is either going to be presents or used for the Xmas fairs.

I am so looking forward to getting into the garage and sorting out loads of stuff to put on ebay for Jammy's challenge. Not going to be able to do it propely until the boys go back to school w/c 7th Sept but have a week to think about what I have that I can sell
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 6:52 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Which ones did you order?? the biggies or the smallies?? can I be cheeky and ask you to take a photo next to something when you get them so I can see the size please hope you are feeling better sooon xxx
    I ordered the big ones cos it said they were 90mm tall. I of course would like both sizes :rolleyes: but thought I'd start off with the biggies and get the smaller ones at the NEC if they are there I can take a pic no problem x
  • hels102
    Hello everyone!
    Only been away a day and lots to catch up on!
    Rainmac awh that owl house is soooo cute!
    Choccy try and relax this evening x
    Rusty how sweet are those stamps!!
    Salesadmin I've sent you a PM
    Well last night I had fun colouring in some of the lovely christmas images sent to me from Craftygranny I'm loving my Sakura pens at the moment!

Can someone post the link for the tesco nec deal?
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 7:02 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Hello everyone!
    Only been away a day and lots to catch up on!
    Rainmac awh that owl house is soooo cute!
    Choccy try and relax this evening x
    Rusty how sweet are those stamps!!
    Salesadmin I've sent you a PM
    Well last night I had fun colouring in some of the lovely christmas images sent to me from Craftygranny I'm loving my Sakura pens at the moment!

Can someone post the link for the tesco nec deal?
    Originally posted by hels102
    Here you go Hels... http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=873&bci=4294965879|Exhibitions %26 Events
  • Myzdamena
    New fall tilda stamped images

...let me know if you sell anything stamped wise, I'm always up for a challenge... which stamped image will I ruin next? LOL

Today been poo here's hoping I get a good day in the next 3 or I'll scream and scream and scream until I'm sick hehehe

*ninja hugs* and if I'm not back all have a really good bank holiday weekend, or as good as you possibly can!

xxxxxx
    A-well-a bird, bird, bird...b-bird's the word
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin