Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• Skiergirl
    Skiergirl Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gemm85 wrote: »
    great cards Padster, dawn, louby, leia, skiergirl!! :T

Marg, thanks for entering the stitching challenge, I think that takes it up to 5 entries :o

have a great holiday dawn!

sorry to hear about your painful shoulder padster, at least you will have plenty of crafting time :D

the wife - have a great time in York, I went a few years ago and it's so lovely. wasn't into card making then though so couldn't tell you if there are any craft shops, I do hope you find some though! :)

The Wife - I stayed in York a couple of months ago and didn't find any craft shops (and I had a good look:rotfl:)
    flourgirl wrote: »
    Why dont you have a go Rainmac. I'm sure you could do it your stuff is always gorgeous and beautifully made x

Flourgirl / Rainmac - Thats exactly what I thought too - go for it Rainmac

Flourgirl - hope you have a lovely holiday, wave as you go past Manchester :D

Myzdamena -((hugs to you too)), hope you feel like crafting soon

As I couldn't get 'into' anything today I went to Hobbycraft;) Not sure if anyone is interested but they have half price packs of Promarkers. They had skin tones, pastels, brights and greys packs of 5 for £4.49. They were with the back to school art materials display. Hope it helps someone :D:D
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    PLM I've signed in as a follower on your blog, I have various alias's but here I'm know as The Wife. My blog is www.craftywife.blogspot.com
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• Myzdamena
    Myzdamena Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Options
    THE-WIFE wrote: »
    I stamp and colour/emboss first and then cut with the nestie, that way you always get a perfect placement for your image. Keep it in place with a bit of low tack tape before running it through your cutting machine and it should be perfect everytime.

That would be the perfect way but I'm afraid I buy most of my stamped images..only have 4 stamps.. a rather dodgy butterfly, a football supporter, a christmas snowman and a little girl in a pretty dress :rotfl:

....I just really wish I had a Crafting Buddy near me so we could share things or something... or at the very least some classes nearby I could get ideas from lol .... so out of ideas at the moment it's scary....

xxxx
    :j A-well-a bird, bird, bird...b-bird's the word :j
  • Myzdamena
    Myzdamena Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Options
    Skiergirl wrote: »
    Myzdamena -((hugs to you too)), hope you feel like crafting soon

Thanks so much... that made me feel really good lol how sad am I?

I've actually been doing odds and sods of crafting recently but my heart just isn't in it. Stamped some images the other day from the meagre stamps I have... need colouring yet though lol .. made a couple of Christmas cards... it's scarily approaching and I *thought* I was way early making cards but what with one thing and another I've only actually made 7 so far :eek:

Hubby said why don't we just buy some cards ......he doesn't understaaaand!!! hehe
    :j A-well-a bird, bird, bird...b-bird's the word :j
  • THE-WIFE_3
    Options
    thanks Gemm & skiergirl, looks like it will have to be Papermill then.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• THE-WIFE_3
    Options
    I, too, vote for rainmac as a DT member....... go rainmac....... go rainmac......go rainmac!

• flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Myzdemena Have you tried buying the Digital Stamps to download to your computer, you can print them when you like and as many times as you like. If you serch you can find freebies. Lots of us on here like Pink Petticoat I will find you a couple of links
  • flourgirl
    edited 20 August 2009 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Myzdemena if you are struggling with layouts try this
    http://www.making-birthday-cards.com/card-sketches.html
  • flourgirl
    Options
    Somed fab stuff on here just now and in the sale

http://funkyfairyinspirations.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.