Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 December 2017 at 5:31PM
    Options
    Are JFs still in the 3 for 2 offer at A? I think the reason I haven't seen many more recent comparisons is because they are no longer 3 for £10 at T, that people were trying, and getting, before but they moved to a less good straight £4 elsewhere (and people had already bought them against T). As W is £4 on some of them (careful - some are showing me OOS there), I have looked for them under W on 3Dogs' list. However, they are on 3Dogs' list under S although S is now £6 or £7:eek:. I therefore assume that they are on 3 for 2 in A and, as I have M at £4 on more than half of the ones A has, I am putting those I have for M onto the M list. I now also notice, on a very quick glance at some of those (not all of them) that are coming up for W on msm, that W is saying £4.66 on F.E. Miraculous Recovery Conditioner (250ml) and £4.19 on F.E. Extra Strength Hair Serum (50ml). Both of these are £4 each in M and therefore may compare best against M. T's offer is more expensive on the Serum and, anyway, 3 for 2 at T with different prices in the offer won't be compared against.

I suspect none of the JFs are against M right now but you need to wait for a price collection update before doing any shopping.

That shopping could also, just about, include some of the crisps such as the Walkers standard 6 pack (flavours that M has) and some of the Walkers Oven Baked products (and of course the Tom. Ketchup trigger) - I say "just about" as I notice my list has them as due to expire in M today so this may be in the last few days if the price does not get rolled on to tomorrow. It will work on the APG tomorrow, if they got the right prices again from M on Monday (and I don't see any reason why they would change) or if the price collection from Monday updates particularly late and the system is still on last Wednesday (in which case the JFs won't work very well against M). It will end on the APG at some moment on Thursday (assuming the prices go up in M, or probably onto a less favourable offer - I predict 2 for £2.50 for the standard crisps:rotfl:) or, probably, Friday by the way we have been going recently. Of course it needs not for the prices to go up as such, but for the SELs in M to be changed to show higher prices which they extremely likely will do if the prices go up. So, we may need to be on Monday's price data to do both JFs and Walkers standard crisps/Oven Baked in the same shop against M - we are probably not yet on that day (as mentioned below though, such a combination could be against W beyond this week).

It looks like the standard crisps have now gone up in S but that may be tomorrow's price - the APG could already be on £1.70 for S or could be to update to that tomorrow morning. However, they will, it seems, become to fit nicely against T or W - but having to stick to the standard crisps against T as only the ten versions they have are in their 2 for £2 offer although the 2 for £2 at W also includes, for example, some Baked Crisps and Walker's Sensations Thai Chilli 6 pack (£1.79 A:D) but will be having to buy either two of it(:T due to individual price at A being higher) or mix with another item in W's offer. I do not know whether T and W are updated yet - the offers may have only just gone on.

I mention the Walkers standard and the Oven Baked crisps as it seems they may be in their last few days vs M.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Cant remember who said chat was not available via AM3X now. I just managed to do online chat for a shop on the small shop list , that told me they didnt take AM3X and got £5 credit on my card :)

It was me. Thank you gocat, I’ll try again.
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Amazon van men brought the Amazon pantry order from the 10th (one day offer- spend £40 get £15 off) - due on Wednesday so a day early. Amazon in their wisdom decided to split the order in 2. The 1st van man came and I mentioned about the oddity of the 2 orders but this chap had minimal English as a first language and so he just shrugged.
    5 mins later 2nd amazon van man appeared - and also OH - van made gave OH this monstrous box and then asked him to sign for it :D

So now I have 13 x 6 cans of cat food so I have to make a space under the stairs tomorrow as the dining room now looks like the Amazon warehouse petfood section :D

The 2 heavy duty boxes they came in a very good quality so I decided to put them on Freecycle - firstly I could not get the posting to load on the ipad, kept reloading the page and wiping everything so in exasperation I sent the pic to the main computer. Very long winded method of doing a 2 minite job - then the title was too long so I had to rewrite and in the meantime it takes the picture off, twice it did this. And in sending the pic from the ipad to the main computer its now upside down.
    20 mins in all to do a very quick job :mad:

Anyway we now have cat foods along with the gin, tonic 2 packs of cheese and 24 twines the snow can go and do what it wants :)

It would be the Gin that required signing for. All age verification products do.

The probable reason for 2 vans is that age restricted products, at some depots, are segregated so that the drivers do not delivery before 1000 and therefore open Amazon up to major trouble. They also do not let these items be delivered to neighbours or safe placed.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • ChelseaFred
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Very exciting plans.

I suppose it depends on how much of the lump sum you take as to what your actual pension will be - if you use the lump sum to pay off mortgage, credit cards, car loans and debt and bring down your outgoings that makes a big difference but our bills are at a minimum now and no debt

Working part time sounds good but it takes to take you (allowing for pensions) over the personal allowance threshold so you will still be a tax payer and needing to do a short tax return as you will have at least 2 forms of income.

Not sure about the touring Europe for 6 months, muggle shopping for 6 months with no glitches or bargain hunting etc :)

Luckily no Mortgage or Debt:)
    Also income from property so we can enjoy spending our kids' inheritance (and they encourage us to;))
    Think I will need a part time job to keep occupied though, although I understand that I already have a kitchen and bathroom to fit for DS2, and BIL hints that I can help on the farm during harvest. Maybe retirement is not a good idea at all............

ChelseaFred:)
  • pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Options
    Luckily no Mortgage or Debt:)
    Also income from property so we can enjoy spending our kids' inheritance (and they encourage us to;))
    Think I will need a part time job to keep occupied though, although I understand that I already have a kitchen and bathroom to fit for DS2, and BIL hints that I can help on the farm during harvest. Maybe retirement is not a good idea at all............

Be firm.

I'm retired - finished - thats it. Sod off.
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Propercorn is back for another week at A on COS, well hidden down the page. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    Options
    A man and his wife purchased an old home in Northern New York State from two rather elderly sisters. Winter was fast approaching and the year's first snow came early and the wife was concerned about the house's lack of insulation.

"If they could live here all those years, so can we!" the husband confidently declared.

One November night the temperature plunged to below zero, and they woke up to find the interior walls covered with frost. The husband called the sisters to ask how they had kept the house warm. After a rather brief conversation, he hung up.

"For the past 30 years," he muttered, "they've gone to Florida for the winter."
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    Good evening lovely peoples :wave:

Thank you so much for all your good wishes, please excuse me for not having read back yet. I just wanted to share my news with you before I settle down as I’m very tired.
    My Cancer marker has dropped significantly since my last bloods taken in October :j
    I couldn’t believe it! :j:j:j

Dr Doom and his assistant Nurse Gloom were not so enthusiastic as me :o

Thank you all so much :A
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all:wave:

My shops from this afternoon, fairly predictable but confirmation that some stuff still working. Some from A Living so limited fillers.

[...]

12 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco

1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Seedless Grapes (Colour May Vary) (500g) £1.35 £1.25
    2x Homepride Chilli Con Carne Cooking Sauce (500g) £2.50 £3.18
    0.73x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.55 £0.55
    0.35x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.26 £0.26
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Smart Price Garden Peas in Water (300g) £0.21 £0.21
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Dreamtime Ridge Australian Red Wine (75cl) £4.00 N/A
    1x Bulldog Skincare for Men Trio Gift Set (3pk) £10.00 £4.50
    2x Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin & Grapefruit Benefit Set (each) £20.00 £7.50 APG £19.20

[...]

Stay Warm Folks!

Are those grapes showing any difficulty against M or is it just me that has been having the problems with M's version in M?:rotfl:

In fact, it would probably be best to post the whole comp. on this shop vs M, as there are a couple of other items (maybe three) I would like to see vs M. Also does the Fudge you bought on the last-posted shop compare against M? TIA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure