Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    I walked to the pub last night. Three miles...wanted some fresh air and exercise. Thing is I think it took me the same time as it would to run it.

How depressing!

You don't run to get places quickly. If you want to get places quickly - you'd drive.

You run to work hard and expend more energy than you actually need to. In that case, running to the pub is doing what it says on the tin.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Options
    Now off for BEER :beer: for two days :beer::beer:

Don't enjoy yourself too much. You look awfully pale when you enjoy yourself too much... :rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ahhhh butti ... what can i say but as always its a total joy to read of your adventures, owch on the old mobile bill though, that mustve hurt like hell every month... wont be long till mr b flies away on his hot air balloon, and the bank disappear into the nee ner nee ner pile
  • beanielou
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    ahhhh butti ... what can i say but as always its a total joy to read of your adventures, owch on the old mobile bill though, that mustve hurt like hell every month... wont be long till mr b flies away on his hot air balloon, and the bank disappear into the nee ner nee ner pile

Oh El you do make me laugh :D

Have a happy weekend butti & friends:D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    You don't run to get places quickly. If you want to get places quickly - you'd drive.

You run to work hard and expend more energy than you actually need to. In that case, running to the pub is doing what it says on the tin.

Strangely I never run to the pub. However I have perfectly placed Bargain Booze in relation to my home so if I run I can get there and back in the commercial break.
    Genius!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options
    elantan wrote: »

Only one month at that amount El. I believe the saying is 'The straw that broke the camels back'.
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    Options
    Strangely I never run to the pub. However I have perfectly placed Bargain Booze in relation to my home so if I run I can get there and back in the commercial break.
    Genius!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• Butti
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Don't enjoy yourself too much. You look awfully pale when you enjoy yourself too much... :rotfl:

Not looking like a lighter shade of pale today...although sausage and bacon from breakfast do seem to be sitting awfully heavy. Think I am going to have to try and have a bit of a pure week health wise.

Two days of beer went well. Served some, drank some and got chatting to a very nice man who I have met before at one of my groups. He seems to also like me......

We shall see.

Have been to Ikea today and bought a bookcase for £20 and two boxes to go in it, I think for £8. That room of mine will get tidy whether it wants to or not!!!!:rotfl:
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD
    Options
    Genius!

You will have to try to ensure that a follow-up house replicates this handy feature.
    Not looking like a lighter shade of pale today...although sausage and bacon from breakfast do seem to be sitting awfully heavy.

Better that it sits heavy, than sits so light it drifts upwards and out your mouth...your nose...your ears...
    Think I am going to have to try and have a bit of a pure week health wise.

I notice how you quickly limited the scope of purity... :rotfl:
    Two days of beer went well. Served some, drank some and got chatting to a very nice man who I have met before at one of my groups. He seems to also like me......

I was thinking a couple of days ago, with things going so well at work, going so well financially, that you needed to get involved with a bloke to bring your life back into balance...
    We shall see.

Remember what your brother said: "Compliments: What they are, and how they happen." If he likes your top - that's not prima facie evidence he needs kneecapping...
    Have been to Ikea today and bought a bookcase for £20 and two boxes to go in it, I think for £8. That room of mine will get tidy whether it wants to or not!!!!:rotfl:

Yes - they need to be brought into line, kicking and screaming.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport