PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 6 December 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning:wave:,

Feeling much better today which is just as well as I am meeting my cousins for lunch,there will be 4 of us so its hard enough to get a suitable date :), DGS to pick up later too.Its his nativity at nursery school tomorrow,he is going to be a star:smileyhea
    Thanks for the carols Tru. I did some of my triangular crochet blanket yesterday watching a Xmas film,but no way could I draw something and translate it into crochet :T

Csarina,
    the fires sound so scary,hope the relatives are ok.Holly,Cranky hope the legs get better soon .

I've got some mince out too,prob shepherds pie,we've had chips the last 2 nights as I wasnt up to much imaginative cooking. DGD will be here too and she likes it.

Hope you all enjoy your day xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Dashed home, emptied the car, had some lunch and now going down to Glasgow. The weather report for tomorrow is horrendous so it makes sense to go today.

There are two sets of roadworks, both with convoys, on the way down so it could be a long journey. I'm taking back my new laptop, it takes about eight minutes to load up each time. There must be a load of HP bloatware on it which I CBA to spend time deleting! Yes, I sound crabby...but for over £600.00 I'd want a whizzy-bang laptop.

I've had a reply to my 'had enough' email which is very conciliatory, I've sent a holding response as I don't blame the person who sent it and I'm still very angry and upset. Not for long I hope!!

Anyway, off to face the drive. I haven't read much (sorry) but send out good vibes to everyone.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all
    I have been out this morning shopping to Tes*o for a few things, mainly milk, bread and potatoes as we may have some snow on Saturday :j. I hope so for the DGC, but then I want it to disappear by Wed as Mr Fix It has a doctors appointment. Anyway we are set food wise for some bad weather and I have made sure Dad is too.
    While I was out I wanted to go to the Ra*ge to get a skirt for the new Xmas tree, I was going to make one but when I factored in the cost of material, piping etc, it was cheaper to buy. Also a new B&M store had opened up next to the Ra*ge so went in for a squiz, but being good for a change, bought nothing :T.
    After lunch I filled the DW and made a start on DD's birthday cake which is cooked and now cooling, it's dairy free so I hope it tastes ok. I shall decorate it tomorrow. I have also washed up and bleached the sinks.
    Tea tonight will be bacon, sausage, mushrooms etc with a fried egg for me.
    OK I'm off to empty the DW now and refill it with the cake cooking stuff. Have a good day everyone, whatever your plans.
    Take care all and stay safe.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi chums just back from Bluewater, I ordered an electric carving knife for DD as one of her pressies on Saturday from John lewis and they sent me an email to say it was in last night. so as the postman had parked across my drive and disappeared I had to get two buses up there The first was OK as it came within five minutes, but the main one I waited 45 minutes for in a freezing cold bus station grrr.But got there eventually and picked up my order, returned to the bluewater bus station and had to wait another half an hour for a bus back to Chatham then the feeder bus out to where I live .Spent most of the day hanging around for buses and just got in and I am frozen, so the heating is on full blast and I have a mug of soup by me to warm me up a bit. Really cross about the postman though as I could have got there and back in half the time with my car ,he is definitely not getting a Christmas tip this year.

Got some spicy cajun chicken breasts out of the freezer for dinner tonight with mash and cabbage and carrots so hopefully it will warm me up a bit

Holly and Cranky hope the legs get better soon Youngest DD texted me to say she had managed to get a shoe on this morning first time for almost 6 weeks since her op. She still need her crutch to walk but at least her clunky boot will be gone

Have a great evening chums and keep warm,high winds and rain forecast tomorrow

JackieO x
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all, me again.
    I have a favour to ask. Please could you send some healing vibes to a little boy, a friend of my DGC who has been diagnosed with Leukemia. He was diagnosed on Thursday and has already had his first chemo treatment. He is 5 years old.
    Many thanks.
    Nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    He will be in my thoughts nannywindows
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So sad to hear that Nanny, my prayers are with him and his family that the treatment is successful.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nannywindow prayers offered for the friend of your DGC. Such an awful thing to go through. His parents must be distraught.

Still praying for the safety of Csarinas Inlaws.

Holly and Cranky hope your pains ease soon.

Have a good evening all.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Just had a heart to heart with the Mother of my eldest Grandson..if ever theres a lesson to be learned about sticking your head in the sand when the going gets tough she is it. Still, she seems to be getting help now im glad to say.
    Sounds like my mother; she had the worst case of what I call Ostrich Complex, which is why my father got away with being so very evil; she didn't wish to see what was happening, so she shut her eyes tight, put her fingers in her ears and went "la, la, la" very loudly.
    Gers wrote: »
    I sent an email last night indicating my stress levels and my intention to not continue next year. Now breathing better!
    Well done; breathing better is good.
    JackieO wrote: »
    so as the postman had parked across my drive and disappeared I had to get two buses up there
    I'd be sending an email about that; it's not on. I get very annoyed when our neighbours or their guests park selllfishly so that we can't get out of our drive.

Nannywindow hoping the little lad goes on ok, and the treatment isn't too horrible for him. Life can be so unfair at times.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    An email was sent last night to the local office expressing my annoyance LameWolf .I find it so rude and if I see him today I shall be having a chat with him Good Job there wasn't an emergency at the time .

I have woken this morning with a bit of a sniffle as well All that hanging around a very windswept bus station isn't conducive to good health at my age My old bones don't take kindly to wind and rain :)

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport