Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I've had a little bit of work this morning, from the late payer, so it seems that there was just a lull there too. Another small bit has half arrived - I seem to have problems receiving all of the emails from that particular client, so I've chased that up.

Did quite a bit yesterday on website in the end, and DH set me up with a Wordpress site, via my hosting account, so it should be better laid out and easier to use. Have been enjoying finding copyright-free images for it!

DH away tonight at a swanky do held by one of his suppliers, so he's getting fed and watered all day. I will be eating from stores/the veg box, so an egg based meal for me tonight, I think.

Prolific is proving to be quite prolific - I'm up to £3.32 on there already and the surveys have been easy and quick (they aim to pay min £5 per hour, which I think is great). Other surveys continue, as does work on hallway - I'm alternating between the two.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Sorry to hear work is slow - being self-employed can be terribly frustrating at times. I am sure it is just a lull as you say and will pick up very soon. When my work is slow, I use the time to "work" in the home in a way that either saves or makes money.

Undertaking purposeful activity, e.g. listing on selling sites or making use of what you have in rather than buying food, is just as important albeit not as financially rewarding as actually earning money. But it still matters a great deal, so all power to your elbow for using the spare time you now find yourself with in a productive way :)

Keep your faith, and spring is so very close now that things will seem much brighter when the blue skies show themselves a little more xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks ATB, your positivity is motivating! I do exactly what you do.... but I also find I get quite low when I don't have any work - being on my own all day (and then tonight too as DH is away) can be very boring when you haven't got external deadlines to meet. Would normally arrange to see my Mum too, but after her negative response to the house we were interested in based on 'how isolated' (and how I wouldn't cope) it was, I'm determined not to see her while DH is away tonight!!

I've got painting to do... and I've been out and tidied a few bits up in the garden... and reposted some sale bits on FB... I'm just frustrated (and procrastinating about the painting!!). Will put the radio on and crack on soon!

Will report progress back here later - external deadline set!

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Could you send me your OP spreadsheet please?

Hope you've had a good afternoon xxx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello :hello:

I know exactly what you mean about stalling when you don't have external deadlines. Do you go out for a walk at lunchtime, even if you don't "need" to - getting out in the daytime, getting the blood going a bit, was always helpful when I was at work. Now I'm retired, its more about work on the garden, but as the urgent work is starting to come to an end, I'll be out for walks again at lunchtime, if I'm home all day.

Hope you had some down time in there too :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    Options
    ATB - you've got mail!

Hi KC :wave: thanks for popping in. Erm... I'm quite bad about going for walks, although I always feel better for them in terms of the exercise. Part of the problem is that I find walking near my house a bit depressing - people don't take a lot of care of their surroundings round here and there's often litter and graffiti (it's not that awful, but I tend to see it!). Now the days are getting longer and warmer I will be going out more - and soon we'll be able to go out when DH gets in from work too. Downtime... :o plenty of that... reading diaries on here!

I did get out in the garden for a while today - I did some gardening this morning and did the portable part of the DIY painting outside in the sunshine, with Radio 4 on. It was lovely!

I got various other jobs done so I don't feel today has been a total waste. Will finish the painting tomorrow as well as go for a walk to post something sold on FB (another £1 for the pot). Managed loads of surveys on Prolific - up to £10 now, once it's all approved, and also did the bit of work that hadn't arrived this morning.

Tomorrow I will do the painting, any work that arrives (there's been some promised), and some scanning (thanks KC!) of family history stuff - it'll help me get into it before the free Ancestry weekend this weekend! Tomorrow evening DH and I are going out for a meal at our favourite country pub to celebrate 14 years together! :o It won't be cheap, but it's a special occasion and a rare treat.

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow you're doing fab on prolific! I haven't had one for two weeks and am stuck at £1.40 :0

Happy anniversary for tomorrow x
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks KK. I think you have to check on Prolific - like onepoll, etc. - I've not had any emails as yet, just been bored today!

• Kittenkirst
    Options
    I'm checking it several times a day and refreshing the browser but no joy! Will keep checking it :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I never started prolific when it was suggested :o thats something for next month, I think, when the cleaning and the weeds are a bit more under control :o

And ooh, family history! Where are you up to? Most of my stuff is pre-1837 now, even the Irish line, but I do have a couple of issues where I'm stuck, and if I go to one of the free Q&A at my local library, I might have a useful breakthrough. NB, my library has free wifi now, and free Ancestry membership - might be worth looking at that if you have lots you could useAncestry for?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure