Offered a role but subsequently withdrawn

Options
2»

Comments

• ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OP can you end the secondment and return to your substantive post?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • jbond
    jbond Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »
    .....your opinion on the matter doesn't constitute law though.

I never said it did! Never even mentioned law, you did!
    So your personal opinion is irrelevant.

A bit like yours then? And everyone else on here?

You have no idea why and so you have no better theories than any of the rest of us.

The only idea I have, is based on the information that the OP has supplied.
    It doesn't mean there is something wrong with the manager at all.

I never said there WAS anything wrong with the manager, I'm basing my theory opinions on the manager, again based on what the OP has said.
    To recruit someone else takes time and money. Why would the manager risk that (and still maybe not get the right person) if the OP already was the right person?
    But it is not proof of poor management. Any more than it is proof of a poor employee. But not being right for a job is not the same thing as being poor at a job. Someone can be "good" but not "good enough" at the same time.

Again, my comments are based purely and only on what the OP has said. I can't based them on anything else. As far as I am aware, I still stand by most of my comments.

The recruiting manager had said that I would get the role prior to the interview

So, why the change of end result?

It appears as if you may have limited experience of bad managers? All it takes is ONE bad manager, and that can screw an awful of things up! I'm not necessarily saying that the manager IS bad, but their actions and behaviour does seem odd, again, based on what the OP has said!
  • amz84uk
    amz84uk Posts: 227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    OP can you end the secondment and return to your substantive post?

Yes, I can return to my substantive role which had a lower remuneration package.

jbond seems to have fully grasped the situation that I'm in. I agree that it is a case of very poor management. I had been promised the role prior to the interview (as I had been doing this on a secondment basis), and also offered this following the interview. It was subsequently withdrawn though based on not being the right person for the role, yet the manager wanted me to stay in the team as a secondee (yep, the cheek)!

I've had a good track of managers in the past, but this one has really riled me hard, and screwed an awful lot of things for me.
  • jbond
    jbond Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You said that your original role was going to be made redundant? So, you're really only got two options, stay or leave.

You could try and find out from HR as to the reasons behind your managers decision, but I'm not sure whether they have to tell you or not, or even if they'd know (I'm mainly looking at the salary issue here). There is a chance that the manager could get wind that you asked, which wouldn't help your relations with them.

Other than that, I'm not sure what I'd do? I kind of think your options are limited.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure