trespass by press

Options
A press agency photographer trespassed into my garden to get private pictures of my home. I intend to bring a small claims against the press agency for the gains they made by trespassing onto my land. They sold the pictures and a video to all the major newspapers and broadcasters. I am trying to find out the money they would have made from selling this material. The media and their regulatory bodies say it is no concern to them unless I bring a civil action against the press agency and find them guilty of trespass. Thanks for any help

Comments

• MothballsWallet
    Options
    Apologies for the thread resurrection, but getting trespass is a little tricky, and tends to be treated as a civil matter (tort) unless there's a criminal offence attached, such as (but not limited to) burglary, criminal damage, or assault.

I'd recommend finding a local solicitor who'll do an initial consultation for free and getting their advice: bring all your evidence to show them and that will make it easier (and you may not need any more of their time, solicitors are expensive!)

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport