So, what did Santa bring?

Options
Merry Xmas everyone!
Just wondering what Santa got us all . . . he flew in & out of my town in the blink of an eye but was captured on CCTV!
Would love to hear what you all got
(Yep, I know it's not about the gifts but I have no family to be with @ Xmas so after a boring day alone i'd like to hear)

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aww that's sad Tigerlily. Various things including make up from my Mum and a pandora charm from my husband.

We got our 17yo son his provisional driving license and a voucher for some lessons and 14yo daughter a heap of stuff, including clothes, make up and she also got a couple of nomination charms.
  • UKTigerlily
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    Aww that's sad Tigerlily. Various things including make up from my Mum and a pandora charm from my husband.

We got our 17yo son his provisional driving license and a voucher for some lessons and 14yo daughter a heap of stuff, including clothes, make up and she also got a couple of nomination charms.

It's ok, I did have 'fun' assembling the water fountain for the cats, who couldn't wait to get to it while I needed them out of the way to assemble it, and have ignored it ever since :rotfl:

That's a fantastic gift for your Son! (plus then he can be taxi!)

I did get a lot of things, but opened them before the big day as i'm a little impulsive but loved almost all of them . . what I loved more was the reaction to the gifts I got for others

On the plus side, i'm hoping Asda have reduced selection boxes tomorrow!
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Uktigerlily you sound like you are giving the real Santa a run for his money.

Santa bought the children in this house a mixture of sweets/chocolate, a couple of toys and useful stuff like drinks bottles and hot water bottles.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 25 December 2017 at 11:55PM
    Options
    Hope you had a good day Tigerlily

I got a jar of organic coconut oil from my hubby for my hair which is what I asked him for and I got him a cleaning kit for his saxophones which is what he asked me for.

From friends we got a small box set of Yankee candle votives/samplers, a nice Cockerel note pad, a reed diffuser for me and saxophone mouthpiece pads and mince pie flavoured fudge for my hubby.

We never exchange presents with family but just a few with friends and one present each for hubby and I.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Edwink x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • UKTigerlily
    Options
    Mince pie fudge sounds incredible!
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Mince pie fudge sounds incredible!

It honestly tasted like a mince pie but obviously a different texture. It was really for my husband as I prefer savoury things whereas he has a really sweet tooth.

How was your day Tigerlily ?.

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    edwink wrote: »
    It honestly tasted like a mince pie but obviously a different texture. It was really for my husband as I prefer savoury things whereas he has a really sweet tooth.

How was your day Tigerlily ?.

Edwink

I woke up around 4:30 & have been online ever since lol pretty boring, had hoped my Brother might send some photos/videos of the kids opening their stuff, or even a thanks but nope lol
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    UKTigerlily isnt that just typical of cats??!! Wouldn't be without the for the world but boy am |I the servant with mine!

I go a mix of things, some clothes, candles and some lovely cat things off my bestie

My DD has just started uni in Sept so had a real mix of practical gifts ranging from stocking up of her smellies, things for her car, edibles to take back for when she goes back.

After Christmas dinner the rest of the day was dealing with rather a difficult relative. Meant that when I came home I wasn't in the best of moods and was tired and grumpy aswell.

DD wants to go sales shopping today before cold cut and chips.........not looking forward to that-the sales shopping that is!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Peter999_2
    Options
    We had a nice Christmas day. I don't get many gifts, and the special ones are always from my 12 year old daughter that she buys and pays for herself. It was a fab Doctor Who ice cube maker and a Funko Pop of the 4th Doctor.

My main present was a google home from my wife. However, we're staying at my parents and once I set it up, they loved it that much that I've let them have it. It can control their heating which will help them - but the main thing that they're impressed with is that if they ask it it will tell them the time, :).
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a fantastic gift for your Son! (plus then he can be taxi!)
    That would be good but he's 18 in 10 weeks time, I think he'd rather join us drinking. :D Realise I've missed a trick there in not sorting it sooner. :o I got them because my friend had told me how hard she's found fitting in driving lessons for her younger son, due to him being at Uni, and taking them in the Uni city meant learning in a far busier and unfamiliar place. Several of DS's presents were a nod to him wanting to go to University next year, such as a student cookbook and a good quality food flask.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure