Advice needed.Injury at work

Options

Comments

• pjm_82
    pjm_82 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    thank you for the responses everyone. . thank you even for the negative ones that doubt if i was doing my job properly.

As someone mentioned above ,i am a human and not a robot and tiredness was a big factor for me at 7am in the morning after a 14.5 hours shift.

i would just like to say that being as there was already people onsite at 7 in the morning , my duties as a security guard end at that time ,as the site is now considered to not be my responsiblity once staff members are onsite.

As for the scar. this is once inch scar in the middle of my forehead. truthfully it is not the worst scar in the world but it has created an uneven skin surface. so it looks worse from certain angles .( Hypertrophic scar )

believe me when i say i do not give a s**t about compensation so do not judge me as one of these people obsessed with compensation culture. i would much rather not have this scar.

As i said before the open window (which was opened at an almost 90 degree angle )was in the middle of a very narrow walkway between 2 buildings.
    The height from the ground to the bottom of the window was over 800mm as someone stated earlier. im 5ft 9in so the bottom corner of the window is of a similar height. Also there were no restrictors on the windows as mentioned before.

The only measure that was taken afterwards was that black and yellow plastic sticky tape was taped across one side of the window frame to the other.

anyway i am due to get advice today . thanks for the feedback , i will keep this thread up to date on the matter
  • pjm_82
    Options
    just if anyone is interested. this is a photo of the window and the narrow walkway were the incident occured

20130803_140014.jpg
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm slightly confused, you say you don't care about compensation but are still pursuing? It won't help your scar so I'd just leave it and move on with your life. The only real winners in your case are likely to be the ambulance chasers.
  • pjm_82
    Options
    yes im pursuing it as i feel i have a responsibility to myself to persue for the injury that was caused .
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    How could anyone miss that window? :rotfl:
  • Cheeky_Monkey
    Cheeky_Monkey Posts: 2,072 Forumite
    Options
    You quite obviously do care about getting compensation or you wouldn't be going for it as personal injury claims can take years to sort out.

Although having said that, I think you might struggle to find a solicitor willing to take on such a minor case as it wouldn't be worth their time - they have bigger fish to fry!

Also, how on earth did you not see that window open? It looks pretty glaringly obvious from the photo!
  • pjm_82
    Options
    despite it looking like its difficult to miss that window in the photo thats not the case , the building on the left ends just parallel to the window so i was cutting into the walkway at a angle, and therefore did not see it ,hope that makes sense.

and for the person who finds this amusing. i hope your never in a situation where you have injured yourself at work.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    pjm_82 wrote: »
    despite it looking like its difficult to miss that window in the photo thats not the case , the building on the left ends just parallel to the window so i was cutting into the walkway at a angle, and therefore did not see it ,hope that makes sense.

and for the person who finds this amusing. i hope your never in a situation where you have injured yourself at work.

Nope, however you approach it there's no way any reasonable person would miss that.

I'd recommend a trip to Specsavers.
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tomtontom wrote: »
    How could anyone miss that window? :rotfl:

How could many of the pedestrians killed on our roads on a daily basis fail to see something as big as a car or bus? How stupid they must be. :wall:

Looks like the company have done a magnificent job in putting in measures to prevent another impact injury - that piece of hazard tape is useless at best.
  • Transformers
    Transformers Posts: 411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aren't security guards required to be observant?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure